Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

midwesterners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midwesterners

Holy guacamole, has it rained or what? I've never seen anything like this. The river has flooded, streets are buckling and there is standing water everywhere.

What is your 'hood like?
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Ironically, the area just west of DFW is dry and has had horrible wildfires, but everything east is soaked. Feast or famine.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We are WET! It looks like it might be sunny Friday. Our house is not near any waterways thankfully because the last thing I need is for it to flood between now and May 19th!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Beautiful and sunshiney!
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Seriously, I keep waiting for Noah to show up with his ark. This is INSANE. More rain is forecasted for the rest of today and tomorrow, then a break for a couple of days, then more rain on Saturday!
          Last edited by migirl; 04-27-2011, 12:45 PM.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I am going to Michigan the weekend after next. Rain: please stop before then.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Rain and high winds for the past few days. One neighbors yard looks like a pond.
              Last edited by Chrisada; 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Bad news. Depending where you'll be heading in MI, it's pretty damn wet. Soaked. Rivers at flood stages and flashflood warnings.

Comment

In my neck of the woods, the Mississippi is FINALLY dropping below flood stage. It is down about 2-3 feet from what it was 2 weeks ago. We got about an inch of rain over the last day or so with more on the way, so it will probably rise again.

I am so over rain. I either need gills or an ark.
                  Kris

Comment

Wet. Stormy. Dangerous to drive.

Comment

How is the river down there GMW, is it really high? I can only imagine... My folks are in KY right now and are thrilled/terrified by the horrible weather on their vacay.
                      Kris

Comment

The cornfields around our area all look like lakes! And I saw on the news this morning that we have had over 7.5 inches of rain this month giving us the wettest April on record! yuck! I'm ready for some sunshine please!
                        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I should add ... on the upside, everything is very pretty and green!
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I keep waiting for the ark to appear here in Indiana, too. The rain is insane. DD2 started soccer on April 16th and has only had 1 practice and the rest cancelled due to rain. Last night they had a scrimmage where the other team didn't show up so they practiced in a swamp field. I find the lack of sunshine depressing. The rain is also holding up our landscaping project.
                            Needs

Comment

Today is was HOT. We went to the dog park and the dogs were sprawled in the shade after only 5-10 minutes of playing. When we left they were so tired we were almost pulling them back to the car. This is funny because they were essentially dragging us when we got there.

Comment

Working...
                              X