Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Saddened & shocked by the death toll of yesterdays tornadoes :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddened & shocked by the death toll of yesterdays tornadoes :(

I sure hope the system has weakened & will not spawn anymore killer tornadoes, especially since it will be traveling through heavily populated locations today!

Apparently there are tornado warnings in Maryland and DC now.

Scary stuff- hope all of our iMSN peeps are OK.

jenn

Comment

I live in Birmingham AL and the devastation is unbelievable. Entire communities have been leveled. As they show photos of the damaged communities it is like looking at war torn countries, nothing but rubble and fires. The tornado that ripped through Tuscaloosa, Gardendale and Birmingham AL made history as it was on the ground longer (distance) than any other tornado in history. Please keep my part of Alabama in your prayers as we have a long road of rebuilding ahead of us. As always if you would like to help please donate to the Red Cross.

Comment

That is so scary Krystal. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the terrible storms.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

This outbreak may make history as the biggest in recent history. That's pretty impressive (in a bad way). I called my aunt in Northern Georgia last night--they live in a pre-fab house in the mountains and I'm not sure where they would have gone--it narrowly missed them.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Krystal, I am so glad that you and your family are safe. I had no idea how bad it was until I saw the news today. Horrifying.

Comment

The numbers are just amazing, the size of that storm was just dumbfounding. I'm glad you guys are ok Krystal, my uncle who lives in AL has seen his fair share of tornadoes and said he'd never seen anything remotely close to that one.

Very very sad.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The tornado warnings were going on all night here. Of course the tornados were a lot weaker and there wasn't much damage, but it's nervewrecking especially when the dr is at the hospital covering call, and the kids are a asleep in the Thursday story bedrooms. I stayed up late just to let the warnings pass.

I am just sick about how many have died. And the pictures are just unreal. Dh stayed in Tuscaloosa on his drive home after his time in Houston. So sad.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

So glad you are safe Krystal. I cannot imagine the devastation.

Comment

So frightening. Mother Nature is a powerful, powerful thing. Doesn't it seem like there have been so many more of these events this year? Or am I just jumpy? My family in NC just had an unprecedented tornado event with 40 touching down a few weeks ago - and now this system in the South? It's crazy. I'm glad your family is safe.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yes it seems like more of these severe storms are happening this year. Our weather guy says it's because of "la nina" weather patterns. Where I live we have a lot more water than normal. The rivers and canals are almost at flood levels. There is so much snow pack in the mountains still they're trying to release the water at the dam as fast as they can before the snow melts with the warmer temperatures in May. We may see flooding here next month, also said to be due to "la nina".
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Krystal, I was thinking of you and your family and I am glad to hear you are all alright.

I could not stop watching the coverage of this yesterday morning and last night, it was non-stop tornado warnings. It was intense! We dodged the bullet today, as most of the warnings were off to our west. A big tstorm rolled through campus and made a nice pond for some ducks in the middle of the commuter parking lot, lol.

I can't wait for this royal wedding crap to be over - it is upsetting to see more coverage on the major networks devoted to such vapid minutae than to the deaths of almost 300 people and destruction of a portion of our own country.
                        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

My ILs called a while ago to let us now a tornado hit their neighborhood in northeast TN. A window was broken and extensive damage done to the roof. They are fine, but some houses in their subdivision were hit hard.
                          Needs

Comment

Death Toll has hit the 290 mark and still expected to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                              I can't wait for this royal wedding crap to be over - it is upsetting to see more coverage on the major networks devoted to such vapid minutae than to the deaths of almost 300 people and destruction of a portion of our own country.
                              I thought NBC did a good job tonight with the Nightly News. Brian Williams was supposed to be in London with everyone else but he stayed and only about 5 minutes of the 30 minute show was the wedding. Now tomorrow will be a different story.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X