Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My life is complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This, so far, is the only downside I've been able to come up with about Florida. I keep googling, and suggesting, and hoping. I am happy for all you Texas peeps. Really. Not at all jealous.
    This time last year TJ's said they had no locations planned for Texas even after ALDI came...so you never know!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
      We also are getting a drive-through Panera less than 3 miles away
      Oooh, please share more about this! I've never heard of a drive-thru one before!! We have a TJs, but we don't shop there too much yet. I'm hoping once I have a job, I can perhaps sway DH to start shopping there with some of that orange chicken I've heard so much about.
      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Jen you will LOVE that drive thru - there are not enough drive thrus in my opinion, especially for those of us with small children!

And I'm SO jealous that Dallas is getting an In-N-Out!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
          Oooh, please share more about this! I've never heard of a drive-thru one before!! We have a TJs, but we don't shop there too much yet. I'm hoping once I have a job, I can perhaps sway DH to start shopping there with some of that orange chicken I've heard so much about.
          Really and truly - TJ's is not expensive. It's not Whole Foods prices. It's grocery store prices for GOOD food. Go now.

ST - congrats, but don't hold your breath. I'd be amazed if your TJ's opens before your baby arrives. Ours was announced ... in the fall?? September, I think, and there is still no open date. It's driving me CRAZY.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
            Really and truly - TJ's is not expensive. It's not Whole Foods prices. It's grocery store prices for GOOD food. Go now.
            Thanks J, that's good to know! I only knew of 1 TJs until recently and it was in a chi-chi area, so I always assumed expensive. I love Whole Foods, but I don't think I ever bought something that wasn't from the prepared foods/bakery side of the store because everything else was so expensive.

I will conduct a re-con mission at my local TJs after graduation to see what is what there. I do believe there is a thread floating around about what to get from there besides the orange chicken?
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

There are probably 30 such threads. They usually result in those of us in the (for now) TJ-less places saying unkind things to the people who have TJ's.

I adore TJ's.

Comment

Is it sad that we're meeting friends for a short vacation near Pittsburgh, and my first thought was "OOOH!!! I can stock up @ TJ's!!"

Jenn, I thought for sure your TJs had opened by now. Suckage!!

Comment

We kind of did the same thing when we went down to Orlando last month for DH's CME. We haven't seen a Whole Foods in forever and went a little crazy with organic wine and dark chocolates.

Comment

I'm sure there are several other threads about what to get there. I'll add another one I don't remember being mentioned that I recently discovered: Taco seasoning. It's in little packets. Perfect amount for 1.5-2lb of meat per $.89 packet, relatively low in sodium, great ingredients, great flavor, nicely spicy. Will never use another taco seasoning again (and we have tacos and nachos and casserole with taco meat 2-3x/month in this house). SO yummy.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                      There are probably 30 such threads. They usually result in those of us in the (for now) TJ-less places saying unkind things to the people who have TJ's.

I adore TJ's.
                      This. Grumble.
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                        This. Grumble.
                        Our Ikea is opening in July! (Three months early!) So there's that.
                        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                          Our Ikea is opening in July! (Three months early!) So there's that.
                          I know!! I saw a billboard a while back! I thought they tried to stick to port cities, which we are not. I'm really excited, I missed Ikea.
                          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

All the more reason that Dr. SusySunshine needs to finish fellowship and move back - so I have an excuse to drive an hour plus for TJ's!
                            Kris

Comment

Working...
                            X