Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Things to love about summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to love about summer

Actually, summer is my LEAST favorite season--might have something to do with the whole feels-like-your-face-is-melting-off-for-5-months-straight-no-beaches-in-sight aspect of where I live. Thank you, Texas.

So I'm trying to be a little more positive about it:

--Watermelon & peaches are in season
    --Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day off
    --Possibility of regular T-storms
    --Vacation
    --I wont be hugely pregnant until it starts to cool off
    --Fall is the next season

That's about all I can come up with. What about you?
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

1. I don't have to shovel the snow.
    2. I don't have to drive in the snow.
    3. I don't have to go to work in the snow, because hospitals don't have snow days.
    4. I don't have to walk the little dogs in the snow ( boy dogs low to the ground).
    5. I don't have to shovel a spot in the grass for said little dogs.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I get to plant my garden (finally!) and best of all, we get to play outside after dinner with no fear of early bedtimes!
      Kris

Comment

Frozen margaritas
        Popsicles
        Squirt guns
        Sprinklers
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I love everything about summer! I love long, lazy days with my kids home from school and no schedules and running around like maniacs. Staying in your pajamas till 2:00, playing games, and then finally putting a swimsuit on and jumping in the pool. Coming inside only for ice cream sandwiches. Seeing my family more often (my mom is a teacher). Summer has always been my favorite season, even living here, followed by spring, fall, and lastly winter.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Not needing to be functional at the butt crack of dawn to get DD1 to her zero period class is sadly my #1 reason for loving summers.

Comment

We're already in summer!

Best parts- lounging poolside with the NYTimes and a cold beer on Sunday afternoons.
              The fresh fruits and veggies- LOVE the Farmer's market in the summer
              Less of a crunch schedule for the kid- although he will still be going to various camps, etc. and of course, this summer- my 3+ weeks of zero parental responsibility is just so exciting!
              Vacation plans with a soon to be present husband.

Living in San Antonio- actual summer is usually brutal. August and September are so miserable you rarely want to leave the house and if you do it's to go sit under a tree and not move.

Jenn

Comment

Linen
                Skirts
                Yellow Box flip flops
                Summer dance schedule (4 days a week instead of 5)
                Spending mindless days at the mall
                The little river at the children's zoo
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Sitting in the yard with the dogs
                  Not having to wake up at a certain time, not having to go to bed at a certain time
                  Farmers Market
                  Not grading papers or dealing with snotty teens
                  Skirts and dresses
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Work will get easier, and we will take lots of trips!

I love lots of things about summer, really. But this year it's all about the travel we've had to put on hold for 5 months.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Walking out the door without having to put on six boots, six mittens, zip three jackets, etc.

Also having few or zero socks to launder.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

ummmm....everything!

No snow
                        Baseball!
                        Getting my tan on/basically living at the pool
                        No snow
                        Traveling
                        Weddings
                        Sandals and cute clothes
                        No snow
                        Grilling out
                        Actually getting to see my BF play softball instead of him talking incessantly about wishing it were softball season
                        Farmers market
                        Thunderstorms
                        No snow
                        Beach volleyball
                        Spending every possible moment outside!
                        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

air conditioning
                          ice water
                          sun tea (unsweetened & w/plenty of ice!)
                          Last edited by Momo; 05-05-2011, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Amen, Suz.

and while there are lots of Native Texans who disagree w/ me, not Sweet Tea- I think it's too sweet to quench thirst.

J

Comment

I love me some sun tea...I may have to start making it soon
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X