Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Things to love about summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst part about San Antonio Summer? You can't get ready for work (or anything for that matter) and THEN walk the dogs, because even a trip around the block makes you ridiculously sweaty. Everyone thinks Arizona weather when they think of San Antonio, not realizing that we're only 2 hours from the coast. We have the worst of all possible summer weather. Now, from October-April it's pretty damned awesome. Oh well.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
      Worst part about San Antonio Summer? You can't get ready for work (or anything for that matter) and THEN walk the dogs, because even a trip around the block makes you ridiculously sweaty. Everyone thinks Arizona weather when they think of San Antonio, not realizing that we're only 2 hours from the coast. We have the worst of all possible summer weather. Now, from October-April it's pretty damned awesome. Oh well.

Jenn
      I enjoy the warm weather, but having visited San Antonio in August once, the humidity was horrendous! There truly is a difference with the "dry heat". The two times I've visited in February though were lovely.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I attended a conference in SA once and my friend and joke to this day about the humidity levels!
        Kris

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
          Now, from October-April it's pretty damned awesome.

Jenn
          Having been to San Antonio in April, I would not say that April weather was anything near awesome.

Comment

It wasn't even that bad when you were here!

j

Comment

I lived in San Antonio for four years, and people there would never believe that Indiana is as humid as San Antonio, if not more, although not as hot. Today is a good example. 88 degrees, extremely humid. I walked down my driveway to get the mail and came back up.....my hair was already getting sweaty underneath.
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Humidity suits me. It keeps my skin moist and my hair fabulous. I miss it sometimes when my skin is cracking from being dry and not putting enough lotion on in this climate. I'm a born and raised Texan and a water baby. As a child I've lived in San Antonio, Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and my high school stomping grounds were in Austin. I miss my younger days of always wearing a bikini to go for a dip anytime and anywhere in the summer. I must have swam in every apartment complex pool in Austin in the 90's and several home pools. I spent many summers at Barton springs or on the river in Campbell's hole and on occasion we'd all go to heaven on earth Hamilton's Pool (see picture below).

Every summer for two weeks my family would take a vacation and we'd all go camping on Malaquite Beach in Corpus Christi. It's a private isolated family beach. During the hot part of the day we'd drive into town and go to the mall or see a movie. At night we'd have a fire and suicide crabs would dive into it. We'd get to bring our friends sometime. We also went to a lake house on Ink's Lake for 4th of July's and I've spent alot of time riding boats and jet ski's on town lake. Gosh I'd forgotten how much time I used to spend being active in the water in Texas. I miss it.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

DC is really hot and humid in the summers, too. Of course when you drain a swamp to build the city, it would follow that it might be 'sticky.' That's why Congress has August recess. It has nothing to do w/ seeing their constituents- but wanting to get the heck out of DC for the month of August. (and everyone leaves in August, if you can)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                  X