Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The World's Ending Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's my wedding anniversary and I'll be at my neighbor's wedding outside of Austin. So- while I won't be w/ my husband, there's worse places to be when the world ends. And then, once it does, I'm totally looting the Brahmin store at the outlet.

J.

Comment

If we're taking dibs, I've got Williams-Sonoma covered...

Comment

No fair - we didn't even get to experience post-residency life yet! At least we had college...
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

One of my college roommates who is also a physician posted that she was ticked because she has oral boards Sunday and has been studying so hard!

Good thing DH is off tomorrow so we can enjoy our last day together - although he'll probably be sleeping.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That f$*king would figure...less than a month from end of residency, and the world ends.

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
              Sadly, my thought when I heard this was, damn, I was looking forward to the bbq on Sunday, at least now I don't have to figure out what to bring... oh well. lol. I seem to be rather apathetic about the world ending.
              There'll still be a BBQ on Sunday, just with us atheists and pets!

I figured hell must be freezing over or something equivalent was up seeing as DH is FINALLY graduating tomorrow. Figures!
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I set up an Outlook Event just so I can see "End of the World is 48 hours overdue" on Monday morning
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

SoonerTexan, I love it!!!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                    There'll still be a BBQ on Sunday, just with us atheists and pets!

I figured hell must be freezing over or something equivalent was up seeing as DH is FINALLY graduating tomorrow. Figures!

Haha. I figured if the looting was happening, the residents might be out for that instead of hotdogs. Congrats on grad day today!
                    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Money and time put into our backyard landscaping, not to mention manual labor, and I won't be able to see the finished product!
                      Needs

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                        That f$*king would figure...less than a month from end of residency, and the world ends.
                        This is pretty much what I thought - of course I've also heard 2012 is the end so that will be just in time for us to NOT get that first "real" paycheck!

Comment

Damn. I'll still have to go to DD1's band BBQ.

Comment

Lily posted this on fb and I had to post it here - hilarious!

http://peasandcougars.wordpress.com/...red-flowchart/

Comment

Bwaahaaaahaaaa! I totally just poached that and posted it on my page.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                                Lily posted this on fb and I had to post it here - hilarious!

http://peasandcougars.wordpress.com/...red-flowchart/
                                LOVE it!!!

DH is going to be at work and is pissed he won't be with me when the world ends.

I, on the other hand, I am upset (and somewhat relieved) that I won't get to finish my thesis. I guess the IN will stay on my transcript for eternity.
                                Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Working...
                                X