Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dear Hopital, I hate you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Hopital, I hate you

Dear Hospital,
    I really don't appreciate you ruining date night AGAIN, for the one millionth time. You do realize that my hubby is only a third year medical student right? We have approximately 6-7 more years worth of nights you could ruin. But seriously what in the world could you need him for? He just left a few hours ago, he has been on call like 10 times in the last 3 weeks, and you feel the need to call him in tonight?! Like for real?! I should not have tested my luck and made reservations at hubbys favorite restaurant and bought tickets to the VIP 3D show of Pirates of the Caribbean as a nice surprise for him. Apparently you had other plans for us tonight. So I gave our tickets to my neighbor and offered to babysit their kids. I guess I learned my lesson, don't make plans when he is on call, don't make plans when he is not on call, oh forget it don't make plans at ALL.
    I really do hope you appreciate his services, take good care of him for the night, feed him dinner and thanks him for all his help because the last thing I want is for him to come home and be a crabby pants.
    Love, me

ugh I am sorry. I'm not so happy with the hospital either right now. *hugs* Your neighbors are one lucky couple. That was beyond nice of you to do that.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry, but yeah -- get used to the suck.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as the spouse of an Attending 20 years out, depending on the specialty, it may not get any better.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm so sorry. Yeah, I never understood the desperate need for an unscheduled 3rd year medical student... Residents and attendings, sure. Stinks, but I get it. I really hope you get a do-over soon! *hugs*
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
            I'm so sorry. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as the spouse of an Attending 20 years out, depending on the specialty, it may not get any better.
            Agreed. 17 years attending here, and it still sucks. Last weekend was the mother of all suckage. I'm still pissed about it.
            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I sympathize with you.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Boo, that really sucks!
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                X