Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Those darn telemarketers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those darn telemarketers

You'd think with caller ID and call screen I wouldn't get those pesky calls anymore but lately it has really picked up and it's driving me crazy! They manage to put in some number that I don't recognize but since several people I know use calling cards I pick up the "anonymous" callers only to be duped by a telemarketer.

I've already registered on donotcall.gov and highly suggest everyone to do the same. They are already feeling the pressure and are going all out to call everybody and their dog before Oct. 1st. They're relentless! And whatever you do, don't tell them your spouse is a doctor!

no KIDDING

I know...it's driving me NUTS...I can't wait until the new law takes effect! We also have them coming to our door now and it is horrible. I just closed the door on someone trying to get me to buy T-Bone steaks for $2.99/pound . You just aren't safe anywhere...it is so ANNOYING!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

oh yah

Thu Van,

I wanted to add that your telephone screening thing wasn't working the other day when I called with the calling card.....maybe that's why you are getting more telemarketing calls?

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Colorado started a no-call list a year or so ago and it has been *wonderful*. We don't receive any solicitations -- and if we do we just threaten to call the attorney general's office and report them.
        There have been some legal battles about this list so I'll add my name to the federal one as well. Thanks for including the website!
        The only bad thing is that you can still receive political calls and calls for charity. And I think some of them really stretch the definition of charity (I wonder if they are made up).

Comment

They're leaving a lot more messages on my voicemail lately--I wonder if that's the new thing? I got a truly weird one on Sunday--I picked it up and got a recording that said "This is Jim, I haven't been able to reach you until now, so please call me at ______". Caller ID is truly the most wonderful thing ever invented.

I've heard lots of pathetic whining about how many jobs are going to be lost due to the National Do Not Call List, but I'm still wondering why it takes 10 minutes on hold to get to a customer service rep every time I call a company when I actually WANT something. Couldn't we move some of these people to the inbound side?

Comment

Working...
          X