Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Meal to bring to new mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a pesto sauce instead of the gag-worthy faux Italian dressing. DD1 (token household vegetarian) devours it. Another good one is vegetarian lasagna. You can prepare it with no-boil noodles to make it super easy.

Comment

So jealous. We got tons of promised meals before dd was born, but didn't receive a single thing when she arrived. Either DH cooked or I sent him out for Chipotle burritos. *rant over* I'd probably send gift certs to nearby restaurants that deliver...
      Deliver your next one in Texas...I'll take care of you!

Thanks for the ideas...seems like everyone I know is pregnant these days so I will need more. Too bad one of my good friends is due 2 weeks after me...I'll send DH to Boston Market for that one!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We didn't know anyone where we were living when dd arrived, so we didn't receive any meals. An imsner however gave us a fruit arrangement that we munched on for days! Washed fruit in bite-size pieces were so welcome after all that junkfood! A tear still comes to my eye, because the truly thoughtful gifts came from ladies here! You know who you are.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
          So. Who's got a great recipe for a veggie pasta salad that does not include the gag-inducing (for me anyway) wishbone italian dressing?
          This is not a traditional pasta salad, but I'm in love with it:

-8 oz of orzo pasta --> cook to package directions, toss with olive oil, and cool
          -box of grape tomatoes
          -tub of fresh mozarella (little ball size) --> drain
          -fresh basil --> cut/tear into small pieces

Put it all in a bowl, sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on top, and toss.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

That sounds DELICIOUS Oceanchild!
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
            X