Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Going Away Party ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Away Party ideas

Hi all!
    I am throwing a going away party for ourselves at the end of this month. My husband got accepted to medical school and we are moving. He doesn't want the party to be all about him getting into medical school, so I decided a going away party would be a better idea. But I need help. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and need some creative ideas. Anyone have some fun ideas that you have experienced or thought of for going away parties? Wording for the invitations, etc would also be helpful. Thanks!
    Mindy

What a fun idea! I have no ideas since we never had to move through med school/residency/fellowship. We're odd. I'm sure some of the other spouses may have some ideas though!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We/our friends always just sent out an evite or email saying to meet at a restaurant or bar at a certain time to help celebrate the next stage in our journey. Go to the place you'll miss most!
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Are you moving far away? Is there a sport team in the new location? You could have a "new city theme" including sport teams, food, etc. unique to the new city for the party
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I like what Meenah suggested. If you feel comfortable sharing where you are and where you are moving to it may help give me some ideas. For example if you live in the midwest but you're moving further west you could make it a cowboy themed party with invitations saying "We're Moving out West" or "Heading West".
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Boston Tea Party, California Gold Rush, ETC.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Fun! Now...where are you moving to???
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We're moving from Denver, CO (the Wild West) to outside of San Francisco, CA, hubs got into Touro DO school in Vallejo, CA but we haven't figured out exactly where we are going to be. ... I would love your ideas! Sorry I don't have access at work, so I just got a chance to reply now.

Comment

Wine tasting, for sure.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

California! Golden coast themed party, golden gate bridge themed party, a 1940's golden era of movies themed party with film strips as decorations and charcoal, white and black materials for the silver screen. Isn't their team the San Francisco 49'ers? It could be city themed with their sports team a picture of the bridge and a famous movie filmed there like The Maltese Falcon.

San Francisco in popular culture
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                    X