Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

a little slice of awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little slice of awesome

Doing laundry-- changing the load from washer to dryer and I hear beep, beep, beeeeeep.... Then nothing. The sound of Dh's pager... dying...

Awesome? Well, maybe not whenever we figure out how much this will cost. But awesome because any death of a pager is awesome...

Maybe my dearest will figure out to clean out his pockets. I check his pockets, but these were cargo pants and so I guess I missed one of the 12 pockets. Ugh.

I texted him about it, and he texted: "That sucks". LOL. I am so over residency.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Rick killed one- dropped it in the toilet and the Army didn't even bat an eye- just replaced it.

J.

Comment

For some reason my DH can't figure out how to clean his pockets either! And of course it is always the chapstick that sneaks past me...

Comment

During residency, I washed DH's pager more than once. It lived all three years. Haven't washed the fellowship pager yet.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I''m sure they'll just replace it! We brought dinner to DH a few nights ago and he was quite the sight with his two pagers on him plus the special phone he carries around when he is on the board.

Comment

DH demolished 4 pagers during residency. 3 just intern year. 2 were accidentally flushed. Dude is an amazing catastrophe.

Comment

My BF has already submerged 2, but they both survived...and this was just in med school! The kid cannot remember to empty his pockets to save his life. Over the course or 18 months or so, he's washed a pager, 2 passports, at least 80 pens, his hospital IDs (like 400 times) and probably $500 in cash. This is in addition to attempting to flush his phone and pager down the toilet (in separate incidents) and losing 4 student IDs and a tie. and Can't wait to see how many more things he washes/loses/ruins now that he'll be even more sleep deprived! At least it's entertaining for me. Probably because I don't have to replace the crap he ruins.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

At least things will be quiet for a little while
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Dh said they'd just issue him another one too. I just wished I'd really done something inventive to kill it tho. Washing it in the laundry is just so mundane!! I want to freeze it in a big ice block then drop it off of the side of a building and watch it break into smithereens or something...

And corn puffi... Wowza! That's a lot of crap to send thru the wash!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I refer to the cash left in DH's laundry as my gratuity.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      I refer to the cash left in DH's laundry as my gratuity.

Comment

Working...
                      X