Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What magazines do you subscribe to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What magazines do you subscribe to?

I love love LOVE getting magazines in the mail. It just makes my day. It's the simple things right?

Anyway, I am going to add some subscriptions to my list. What do you guys get?
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

I don't, but the people I nanny for have a ton. The only one I did subscribe to for a year when my cousin was selling them was readers digest because I love love love the humor sections. As for what I read at my employers, Nat Geographic, Time, and the Washingtonian.

eta: If I had the mula to subscribe to magazines I would subscribe to a bunch of cooking magazines.
    Last edited by L.Jane; 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

My favorites are Real Simple, More, Esquire, and Bloomberg (but I cannot keep up with a weekly).
      Last edited by MrsK; 07-28-2011, 07:28 PM.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

All You (recipes, articles and coupons). My MIL got me InStyle, I'm so terrible I haven't checked it out yet. And in the past I've gotten Shape, but it gets redundant after a year or so.
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Real Simple, Redbook, DH gets Parenting -- I think they automatically send it to pediatricians. The girls get American Girl, Discovery Girls, and Girls Life (but I go through and rip out articles or ads I don't want them to read).
          Veronica
          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Eh, they all get redundant after a while. I get: Cook's Illustrated, Real Simple, O, InStyle, Family Fun, and Allure, which was free. Sadly, I don't read any of them!!

Comment

I like InStyle except they use the word "obsessed" when refering to shoes and sweaters too often.

Comment

Maire Claire and Redbook bec. they have awesome deals on Amazon, like a year for $6. Too cheap for Real Simple, though one year I got it for six bucks on Amazon.

Comment

I subscribe to free ones that involve shopping, otherwise known as catalogs. Pottery Barn, Lands' End, REI, Eddie Bauer, and then some out of the main stream clothing line sites here and there.

Real magazines I've subscribed to: Traditional Home, Yoga Journal, Home & Design, Better Homes & Gardens, Birds & Blooms.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We get catalogs out the wazoo too. I'd like to know who sold my name to Marie-Chantal (kid clothes) and Frontgate. Cripes, we're not THAT well off!!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                      We get catalogs out the wazoo too. I'd like to know who sold my name to Marie-Chantal (kid clothes) and Frontgate. Cripes, we're not THAT well off!!
                      I get ones I didn't subscribe to too and can't afford but it's fun to look at.
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Now I'm getting waay off topic. What cracks me up is my 4 year old grabs the Frontgate, PB and other home catalogs and takes them up to her room and pores over them for HOURS. LOL

Comment

My friend with no kids subscribed me to this catalog because she spends hundreds in here for her niece. Clearly she is on crack if she thinks we can afford one thing in here. I do not even open it up. http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/

Comment

BTW, you can get free subscriptions through freebizmag.com. . . Just sayn'

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                              Now I'm getting waay off topic. What cracks me up is my 4 year old grabs the Frontgate, PB and other home catalogs and takes them up to her room and pores over them for HOURS. LOL
                              Oooh I used to do that with my American girl catalogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X