Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Big news for Arizonians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big news for Arizonians

I know you'll all be excited to know that the FDA has finally approved an anti-venom for scorpion stings!!

I found one this year the size of a small tree lizard in my living room (of course dh was out of town). Sure the little ones may be more poisonous but a 6 inch scorpion is freaky.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Only in AZ LOL!

Better than frostbit, gangrenous toes I suppose...
    -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
      Only in AZ LOL!

Better than frostbit, gangrenous toes I suppose...
      Hmmm, that's a hard choice

It's been around as an experimental treatment for a few years but now if finally is an FDA approved drug.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

That's actually the one thing I'm dreading the most about moving to AZ next year!

How did you get rid of the scorpion Tara? I'm not even sure what I would do once I finished freaking out.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Never saw one at our house while we lived there, but you could take black lights to the palm trees after dark and the scorpions will glow.

I think cicadas are WAY worse than scorpions.

Comment

My niece was stung by a scorpion while we were in St. George, Utah in June at DH's parents house. I felt so bad for her. Her parents took her to the ER. You could tell how painful it was for her.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
              I think cicadas are WAY worse than scorpions.
              Agreed. Now I feel like I have bugs on me
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Why are cicadas bad and where do they live?

Tara I get freaked out from ridiculously tiny spiders. 6 inch scorpions just might make me check in to a hotel until my dh or an exterminator was available. You impress me!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Oh Peggy, don't be too impressed, I tried to get my 15 year old son to take care of it and he was like "no way", lol! I vacuum up scorpions and then let the vacuum run for another 3-5 minutes. I use the hose so I can stand as far away as possible. Yuck!

I didn't know cicadas were bad, I thought they were just annoying. Yikes!
                  Tara

Comment

But Tara I AM very impressed!!! Even with a vacuum!!
                    Peggy

Comment

Cicadas are like locust's or grasshopper's louder, annoying cousins. They're worse, to me, than scorpions because the fuckers can JUMP. Very, very high. Into hair.

Comment

Do they bite or just scare the heck out of you?
                        Tara

Comment

No biting. Just ridiculously loud noise (like a transformer on an outside powerline is ready to blow). And did I mention that they jump? At. Your. Head.

Comment

Where do they live? I know we get these freaky 7 year cicadas and 17 year cicadas in the dc area (Luke was born during the 17 year cicada outbreak! Super cool. We r going back for his 17th birthday just to show him these bugs). I'm thinking the cicadas I know aren't as nasty as the ones you are talking about W.
                            Peggy

Comment

Nashville just had their seven year cicadas. They are a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                              X