Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

You'll think I'm nuts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll think I'm nuts....

BUT...I have to post this even though I'm running out the door to take the kids to the pool.

I'm so excited...Wal-Mart had a fabric sale that started today and goes through tomorrow (8am-6pm). Everything was $1/YARD! They had TONS of material...TONS! Anyway...I was there by 7.55am (I know, I know) and picked out fabric for drapes for our family room and living room...and I even picked a really heavy liner to use with them as well. All in all, I spent just under $50...and I will have enough fabric left over (I ended up just buying whole bolts) to do curtains in the kitchen and Thomas' office..... 8) Thomas was waiting for me to get home and I didn't make it until 10.30am because the lines were so long (gulp)..fortunately, he'd already planned around me!

I have really been getting into sewing since starting on Andrew's Harry Potter Bed. I finished his bed and two duvet covers for him and am waiting for more fabric to come in to do his curtains. In the meantime, I'm going to start on the family room and living room...I already cut the fabric and am ready to go!

Yippee....

OK>..I know this is a really, really lame post and I don't expect anyone to responde...but I am so excited about this $1/yard fabric sale that while I was cutting the fabric after lunch I was trying to decide what I'd go back and buy tonight or tomorrow

Anyway..for those of you who like to sew, this is apparently a new Wal-Mart thing that is not just here in the area....it is spreading around the Wal-Marts throughout the end of the summer...you might call yours and see if they are having one....Some of the fabric was junk...but there was some good stuff too!!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I love to sew too. I have half a closet of fabric and am always on the lookout for sales. I think i would be just as excited as you re!
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I can barely sew on a button.....but that sounds like a lot of fun! Not lame at all! What a great deal on the fabric and a fun way to change the look of your house.

Comment

Maybe I'll check that out! I got a sewing machine with hopes of making the girls "hanna andersson knock-off's" but haven't officially done anything but repair work.
        Kris, you must have recovered from your "low energy crisis"!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
          making the girls "hanna andersson knock-off's" but haven't officially done anything but repair work.
          Ohhhh.....Hanna Andersson knock-offs....that might just make me want to learn how to sew. Can you buy Hanna Andersson patterns? There is no way I can afford full price, but I love to get the sale catalogs.

Kris, you must have recovered from your "low energy crisis"!
          No kidding! 8O I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

I don't think you can buy the patterns. My plan was to just get a basic pattern for a knit dress and then buy similar fabrics (colorful stripes and florals). I was hoping to eventually make the little coordinated leggings also.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
            X