Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Body image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body image

I have always had a hard time with my body image which is getting much better! Well, I just came across this really cool site which is a large graph of people from around the world at different heights andvweights and shows photographs of them. Really cool! So if you ever wanted to know what your body might look like at different weights, this is really visually interesting!

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

What a neat site! I was amazed at how body type affects what people look like at about the same weight. (When you click on a weight/height, several pictures show up, so be sure to scroll down.) I will be bookmarking this to inspire me to get back down to a healthy weight once DD is born!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That's funny! Body type-wise, I look just like the girl in my "slot"!

Comment

just shocking. i can't imagine i look that small at my current weight!

BTW Congrats on all your WL thus far. You are doing really good!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Wow! It is pretty accurate...and is going to motivate me after baby!
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

This is crazy! The women at my height who way more than me appear to me to look way smaller than I see myself. I find myself saying, "She can't possibly weigh that much!" Intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
              This is crazy! The women at my height who way more than me appear to me to look way smaller than I see myself. I find myself saying, "She can't possibly weigh that much!" Intriguing.
              I thought the same thing! Then I thought, why would any woman lie and say she weighed MORE than she did? It's fascinating. I definitely think I look bigger than the women in my square.

---
              - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes! And I carry my weight very well. People never believe I weigh as much as I do. I always have to tell the nurse she needs to move the scale way up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisada View Post
                  Yes! And I carry my weight very well. People never believe I weigh as much as I do. I always have to tell the nurse she needs to move the scale way up!
                  This is me, too.
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I also carry my weight well. Tallness helps.

---
                    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree! (and being long-waisted as well as tall)
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

There are 2 women in my box. One looks heavy and one looks thin - the thinner one also saud she had lap band surgery.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm in the 5'6" box too, and I think I look thinner than the people at my height as well. Either somebody is lying or my scale is wrong! (keeping fingers crossed for the broken scale)
                          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I had a physical on Monday and when they measured my height they were a full inch more than I usually am. My response? "Woot! That means my BMI goes down!!" The nurse looked at me like I was crazy and then laughed. *shrug* I know she measured wrong. I've been 5'8.5" to 5'9" for almost 2 decades. Pretty sure it hasn't changed recently.
                            Kris

Comment

Kris, have you been working on your back muscles? When I went to the doc last year I measured taller then usual too and we decided it was because I've been working on my back muscles and stand up taller then I used to. It is possible, even at our age.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X