Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Dawn for Libya!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
    It would seem hypocritical of the US and NATO to support them since it is counter to their interests. I do know the prior regime supported something like that though if that's what you're referring to GMW.

Scrub-jay and Pollyanna I'm sorry that it seems you took offense to a statement that wasn't directed towards either of you but touched you somehow personally.
    I was referring to exactly what I wrote: some leaders of the current Libyan rebels have had prior connections with Al-Qaida. The exact nature and degree of this is unknown, but has red flags.

I won't speak for Scrub-Jay and Pollyanna, but if I had to make a guess, they were not touched personally. They simply found the tone in your response to my comments to be condescending to me personally and uninformed as to my background, making an assumption that I do not know enough to make an informed opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
      GMW, while we don't always agree on some topics, there are some that I just KNOW 1000% I will agree with you!!!!
      Oh, I bet there are lots of things we agree on. Politics is only one dynamic of a person. And it usually isn't even the most interesting aspect. Heaven's only knows--I think it is clearly established in American politics that the politican's politics is the LEAST interesting thing about him or her.

One of my best friends in the world is an absolutely super-lefty. We agree on all sorts of things--we just don't see eye-to-eye on politics.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post

I won't speak for Scrub-Jay and Pollyanna, but if I had to make a guess, they were not touched personally. They simply found the tone in your response to my comments to be condescending to me personally and uninformed as to my background, making an assumption that I do not know enough to make an informed opinion.
        Yep. I truly don't take anything personally, not enough time in my life for that
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
          I was referring to exactly what I wrote: some leaders of the current Libyan rebels have had prior connections with Al-Qaida. The exact nature and degree of this is unknown, but has red flags.

Ok well it's not up to me to prove your claim. Therefore I take lack of evidence to support the contray. As for the second part you say you don't speak for them but then you went ahead and spoke for them. Therefore I disregard what you have to say for them and take it as you speaking for yourself. I've already clarified my message which has been conviently skipped over several times to serve personal purposes even though you're all saying it doesn't. Bleh, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to continue to respond to this crap at this point. I don't claim to know everything that a lawyer does because that would be ridiculous. Just as a minor in middle east studies is hardly sufficient to establish authority on the matter if that is in fact what you're attempting to do.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Ok well it's not up to me to prove your claim. Therefore I take lack of evidence to support the contray. As for the second part you say you don't speak for them but then you went ahead and spoke for them. Therefore I disregard what you have to say for them and take it as you speaking for yourself. I've already clarified my message which has been conviently skipped over several times to serve personal purposes even though you're all saying it doesn't. Bleh, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to continue to respond to this crap at this point. I don't claim to know everything that a lawyer does because that would be ridiculous. Just as a minor in middle east studies is hardly sufficient to establish authority on the matter if that is in fact what you're attempting to do.
            If it must be stated, I believe that GMW accurately depicted my thoughts on the matter. I do not feel personally on the issue, but I was attempting to calm the tone within the thread. Your above post seems to ignore my advice to be respectful of a diverse audience and is similarly condescending, bordering personal attack on GMW (which is unnecessary). You do not know your audience on this site, nor their experiences - there may even be readers here who are more knowledgeable on the topic than you are and it is better to proceed with respect in your posts. It is your prerogative to choose not to, of course, but do not expect a civil and friendly discussion with inflammatory posts. Furthermore, I do not think that GMW is attempting to "establish authority" in this thread, but her knowledge, experience and opinions contribute to the discussion and are welcome, even if they do differ from your own.
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

As for the second part you say you don't speak for them but then you went ahead and spoke for them.
              GMW, you can speak for me anytime

Come on Cinderella, your opinions are not more valid simply because you are married to someone in the region and have studied it. That would be like me claiming to have more valid opinions on delivering babies because I am married to an OB and have 5 children.

Back to the middle east..
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Scrub-jay I'm insulted by your first initial claim and your continued claims about me. I've attempted to be civil in my replies but it's clear we all don't know each other very well and you all aren't reading me in the way that I'm speaking to you. I'm sure you all can be normal nice people in person and if we were having this discussion face to face the tone would be taken much differently. I have attempted to be nothing but kind to others on this site. So I will leave this crap you're all giving me at that and drop this topic entirely like a dead weight.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                  GMW, you can speak for me anytime

Come on Cinderella, your opinions are not more valid simply because you are married to someone in the region and have studied it. That would be like me claiming to have more valid opinions on delivering babies because I am married to an OB and have 5 children.

Back to the middle east..
                  I'm sorry Pollyanna I have one degree in it. In the world I come from a King trumps a Jack. If someone had a PhD in it they'd be an Ace.

edit to add since I just saw your post. Now I'm done.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I'm sorry Pollyanna I have one degree in it. In the world I come from a King trumps a Jack. If someone had a PhD in it they'd be an Ace.

edit to add since I just saw your post. Now I'm done.
                    Funny, we were just telling our children that having a degree in something (even a PhD) doesn't mean you know everything (dh points out the more a humble man learns the more he realizes how much he doesn't know NOT how much he does know). It means you have a strong foundation but that you can and should continue and be willing to learn from everyone whether or not they have a degree in a certain subject or not.
                    Tara

Comment

Guys, I'm out here. I have no desire to participate in this kind of discussion and I don't want anyone else to feel it necessary to repeatedly call for tone-appropriateness. Let's just drop it. We all universally wish the best for Libya--we can agree on that.

Comment

Perhaps it is time to lock this thread?
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                        X