Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

back from vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from vacation

Hi everyone,

We had a very relaxing vacation in KS with family and finished up with two days at Six Flags. We got home last night and everyone seemed happy to go to sleep in their own beds.

School starts for us on the 27th -- my middle son will be starting Kindergarten and I am trying to mentally prepare for that! Those of you with kids, when do they start?

I am looking forward to getting caught up on the boards......DH takes oral boards in November, so I have a feeling I will be here a lot over the next three months!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Sounds like a nice vacation!
    I was just thinking about the kindergarten transition the other day...and my kid is only three! Am I going to be one of those mom's crying on the first day of school?
    Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Here I was in my happy little world believing that school did not start till after September here as it usually does only to drive by the school to find out that they start Aug 27th Then today get an letter from the school about Kindergarten orientation on Monday the 18th and would each parent please have all their school supplies at that time? I truly hate community supplies, takes all the fun out of back to school shopping. Anywho, of course I rush to the stores today only to find the stores out of mostt of the things I need, I guess it will be a trip into Columbus this weekend. Of course Don is working during the orientation time and that means taking the 2 1/2 year old and doing the walking up and down the back of the room or out in the hall and missing 75% of it.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Woohoo it's school time, I'm soooo stoked,not

Trisha

Comment

We're back from a very relaxing vacation too... We spent a couple of days at a resort town on the western side of Michigan, and then just hung around our house, made a couple of trips to my parents', and stopped by my in-laws' lakeside cottage. It had been 6 months since our last vacation, so it was much-needed and much-appreciated! 8) It was pretty low-key, but it was great to just spend time together and enjoy each other's company. I'm already starting to plan our next vacation (2 weeks off in February) - I love having "projects"! We're thinking about Key West (with a stop in Orlando for DH's weird obsession with DisneyWorld) or a cruise. A lot - of course - will depend on which one is cheaper! Unfortunately, reality came crashing down upon us this morning as DH went in for his first in-house call this month on trauma/burn. <sigh>
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
        X