Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My new sofas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new sofas

OK...so there are a lot of really responsible things that we could have done with our child tax credit check that we got last week...like put it towards our massive debt But...we decided to support the economy (don't you love how I use politics to my advantage when it suits me ) and we bought A sofa, matching love seat and the sofa tabe for our barren living room...they come in two weeks.

Anyway...here is a pic of the sofa and table... Umm..fyi, this is unfortunately NOT our home..it is a picture from the internet website of the store...we don't get the furniture for 2 more weeks.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Very nice, there is nothing wrong with spoiling yourself every once in a while - when we got that tax credit a few years ago, I bought myself a new digital camera!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I saw the picture before I read the entire message and, thinking it was your house, thought....what's this about being tired and not having time to pick up the house? Yeah right! And she has three kids!!

The couch looks great! I'm sure you will get years of enjoyment and use out of it.

Comment

That's a beautiful couch! There's nothing wrong with treating yourself now and then! We cashed the check and put the money in an envelope (if it was in our account we would just spend it away) and so far have bought the girls bunkbeds off EBAY. We are going to use the rest to turn the guest bedroom into a little girl room. I'm hoping to stretch the $800 really far!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

sofa

We feel so decadent doing it. I'm even embarassed now for posting the pics..but I was just so excited...We have never just gone out and..bought furniture....they asked us if we wanted to finance it and we just wrote them a check instead....too bad we can't get the child tax credit back every month!!!

Nellie, if this had actually been a photo of my house what you would have seen was a carpet in desperate need of being vaccumed, dust bunnies under the sofa, on the window sill, and my husbands shoes under the love seat....the kids toys would be strewn out across the floor, a diet coke can would be sitting on the coffee table along with the mail for the entire week (which would all be opened and laying across the entire length of the table).

Those candles that they have sitting on the middle of the table would have caught fire to the pillows which will likely become combat missiles for my boys....and the picture I would post would be more like the fire department hosing down what was left of our house

kris

ps..remind me..no candles!!!!

Comment

I think the sofas and furniture look beautiful, I should be so lucky! <sigh> Congratulations, you should treat yourself once in a while! 8)
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

The sofas are beautiful. You deserve to treat yourself, do it more often.
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris-

You deserve to splurge every now and again!

We didn't get one red cent from the 'tax cuts'. (no kids and moving from Texas to DC, everything we might have received we have since lost because we now have income tax taken out.)

Oh well, we got the Army bonus in July.

Jenn

Comment

Kris,

My husband was walking by the computer when I read your first post in this thread and he saw the picutre and LOVES the couch! I am glad that you were able to get some furniture. We bought some when we first got out of residency (first time we were able to something like that) and it was sure a thrill.

We used our "relief" for our vacation and it was money well spent, let me tell you. We were ready for some relief! I looked back and DH only had two weekends off the whole summer.

Let us know when your furniture arrives!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Kris- I have to admit that when I first glanced at your picture, I thought wow your house is gorgeous. And she did all the painting and decorating herself with her busy life. I love your couch. Congrats on the splurge. You guys deserve it.

Jennifer
                    Needs

Comment

Hey, nice couch! Does it come with the pillows too? Looks like the kind of couch you sit on and never want to get off of!

Our check came last week and is sitting in our checking account. I know I have free reign with it and have contemplated getting a new computer and range but it has been so nice to look in the checkbook and see such a "big" number so I've actually been procrastinating on spending it!

Comment

ugh

Well, I guess in a way it's a good thing that we didn't keep the check in our checking account...the car repairs would have eaten it all up....I would still be sitting w/o living room furniture in the living room (We've had two chairs in there that I bought at good will two years ago that are in...errr...so-so-condition) and that's it. On the other hand, now paying for the car repair will be a big expense that we didn't count on...if we had waited with the sofas, that money would have been there.

Yup...the pillows come with it.

mixed blessing now though...

kris

Comment

You deserve the sofas, you do, you do. If you had spent the money on the car you wouldn't get the sofas for another two years. Don't feel bad at all. ENJOY the furniture.
                          Luanne
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That is a beautiful sofa! You have great taste!! You definitely deserve to splurge once in a while! We bought new living room furniture 2 years ago and you won't believe how much better it makes you feel about your home. Don't worry at all about splurging...nice furniture will last you a long time and you are sure to get many years of use out of it! Have fun with your new couch!! :P

El

Comment

Congrats on the new furniture, it is lovely. And I also thought that was your home initially. Wow.
                              We've been toying with the idea of getting a new bedroom set; when we got married we were REALLY broke so we ended up with a few "here and there" pieces and most of it looks like junk already. But we decided we'd rather treat ourselves to a vacation so we're going to Jamaica in December. LOL I'd rather show people pictures of a fabulous vacation than show them a boring ol' bedroom set anyway!!

Comment

Working...
                              X