Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Beginning second year already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning second year already!

My bf, Frank, started second year today. I can't believe the summer's over already and that we have one year down.

Have to brag a little. Turns out they give out awards for best academic performance in each subject for the first year and my bf won for biochem! They announced it in class, gave him a certificate and a $150 cash prize. I'm so proud of him.

So on to second year! My bf was nervous yesterday and I have to admit I'm starting to get nervous again too. I was getting used to him working 9-5 this summer and not having to study all of the time.

Hope everyone's hanging in there too!
    Sharon

Yay, that's really cool about the biochem award, Sharon. As gratifying as awards are, it's extra cool when they back it up with some cold hard cash!

Second year starts in one week for my bf. He is very much looking forward to it, which I never would have guessed would be the case around the middle of last year. Things finally started to really click into place and come more naturally for him toward the end of the year, though, and now he's eager to tackle M2. I'm glad for him.

It feels kind of strange to not be at the beginning of this process anymore--to move from "this is something he's going to endeavor to do" to "wow, he is doing it."

It will be difficult to go back to the study-all-the-time schedule, I agree. It's been so nice having the summer off.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

My BF starts his second year tomorrow. I sure enjoyed having his around this summer. Are we ready for this again?

Liz

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I thought that second year was much better than first. Maybe it's because he was settled in as a student, we were both used to the routine.....but it was much easier to handle.
        Congratulations on making it through the first year!

And congratulations on the award!

Comment

Congratulations!!!! To both of you. You survived one year, just take it one year at a time!!
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Another M2 spouse...

my second year of vet school sucked though! I hated it so muich I swore I wasn't going to be a vet anymore...so I'm not looking forward to Russ going through the same thing...hopefully he won't.

Michele
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
            X