Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

"free" address labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "free" address labels

Holiday card season is quickly approaching! When you get the envelope of "free" address labels encouraging you to send a donation to St. Jude's or whatever Children's hospital, what do you do? Do you
    Use them without sending a donation?
    Not use then and not send a donation?
    or...actually send a donation?

I use them, and I have never sent a donation, and I feel guilty about it sometimes...
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

I haven't used the one's from St. Jude etc. and have never sent a donation (although I think I have donated to St Jude through other fund raising efforts). I don't think it's a conscious decision, I rarely mail things anymore...

My undergrad sends return address labels occasionally - I have used those. I've never made a donation as an alumni, but I certainly don't feel bad about that one!

Comment

I use them if I like them.
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

About the only thing I mail is a couple of bills that don't allow online payment, but I use the address labels for those. I don't donate every time I get stuff like that in the mail, but I've made a couple of one-time donations, and I'll usually do the $1 donation at the grocery store when they ask. So I don't feel too guilty using them...
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I use them and don't feel guilty. Maybe they wouldn't have to ask for money all the time if they stopped spending money on those things. Kidding...sort of
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
            I use them and don't feel guilty. Maybe they wouldn't have to ask for money all the time if they stopped spending money on those things. Kidding...sort of
            Ha! I had a very similar thought... was afraid to say it out loud!

Comment

I just make my own. I don't like being "forced" to make a donation.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I also use them, not guilty about it and I'm also in the camp that a lot of organizations would have to solicit less if they didn't waste money on what they sent out. Of course most organizations that do send that stuff probably don't get very good ratings on how much of their money actually goes to the charity in the first place.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't donate. I just use them.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I've sure the organizations have done the math and that the return on investment is worth it to them.

I might occasionally use them, but only if they're really generic and the names are the way I want them (rare). We mostly just hand write our return address - it's not like we send a lot of mail. And I've never donated to an organization just because they sent me labels.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

PHEW i feel better now.
                      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I generally toss charity solicitations that I don't intend to donate to without opening them. We DO get a buttload of address labels from our insurance agent. I have a stockpile that would last us till I died, at the rate I send snail-mail. And we're probably moving in 6 months. :P
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I use the labels and donate a few bucks on rare occasion. I was getting annoyed they always had DHs name on them so the ones I sent a few dollars to I "corrected" our address by changing his name to mine. I figure if they send them I might as well use them. They don't know if I throw them away or not and I hate wasting things!

Comment

Working...
                          X