Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pathology - match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathology - match

Anyone else going for path?

We haven't got any requests for interviews yet. I'm so anxious
    to find out where we'll be living for the next 4 years.

We're done with the whole match/residency/fellowship excitement.....but if memory serves, the interview invites will be coming pretty soon. Is he applying to a lot of different programs or are you trying to stay somewhere locally? I think this is one of the most exciting parts of the whole medical training process. I remember always thinking to myself "this time next year, I wonder where we'll be celebrating Christmas, etc" and just the idea of it was so exciting to me.....Enjoy this time......I can't wait to hear how the interviews go and how the match process plays out for you!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My husband isn't doing path, he's doing neurosurgery which is an early match and we haven't received interview offers either. He's expecting it to be another 2-3 weeks and then his interviews will run Nov-Christmas.

Good Luck, it is nerve wracking isn't it?
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We are going far, far away from my home. :0(

He's applied to Washington, Oregon, Hawaii, Utah, Texas, Arizona, louisiana and Florida, about 27 Path programs in all.

Since my home is in Toronto, any state upper east side would have been closer. But I told him, whatever make him happy is fine with me. The way I look at it, most of these are warm all year round so that's not bad, plus it will give my family and friends someplace to visit.

I knew I was marrying a more countryish, hotter place, mountain loving kind of guy. So I figured, if it's not my home where I grew up then anywhere is fine. If we are in Texas, or we are in Florida, it's only a 2-3 hour plane ride from Toronto so we should be fine.

I'm going to be far far away from home, any family and any friends so i'm sure i'll be on here a lot more. I know lots of you have gone through it.

Overall, i'm just excited to get things going.

Comment

You seem to have a good attitude about the move. We're far away from all our family and friends now. We were both born and raised in Kansas, and now we're a 5 hour plane ride away. We're hoping to head closer to home for residency. Wash U in St. Louis is one of our top choices pre-interviews.

Good Luck!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
          X