Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weekend Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Plans

Does anyone have fun weekend plans? We kind of want to spend these last late summer/early fall weekends doing fun things with the kids but we still haven't gotten the van fixed. They had to order the parts so it will be another week...We will probably just have a quiet weekend of Chutes and Ladders and maybe hit the dollar movie....

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

It's supposed to be cold and rainy here on Saturday with possible snow above 6,000 feet. 8O Guess we won't be going to the mountains to see the leaves changing!
    Nothing too exciting.... a playdate for Bryn on Sunday. On Saturday I am going to brave the mall to find a maternity shirt to wear under a suit for a presentation I am doing next Tues (which I am only a *little* bit nervous about). THAT should be interesting! At least I have a maternity suit. And I have to work a little -- I am really behind on writing. Here's to an inspiring weekend!

Comment

We've got the in-laws coming, so dh and I plan on going to see the new Antonio Banderas flic. We loved Desperado so we really want to see the sequel (it has a little something for everyone--Antonio Banderas for me and plenty of gun shooting and Selma Hayek for my husband!) Aside from that we don't have much going on. I might hit some garage sales since I got rid of every baby item but the crib last June!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Jory is on call all weekend, and I am working the ER on Satuday. What a life.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Gretchen is on call for Sunday and had to round today, not home yet. Boys and I are just hanging out in the house while it rains. Lots of football for me to watch though!

Comment

I am trying desperately to finish a "little" rearanging process that involved moving the computer room from the basement to the main floor, our bedroom from the main floor to the 2nd floor, and the playroom from the 2nd to the first floor. I made the mistake of thinking I could get it all done in ONE afternoon while the twins were napping . It has now been three days, and the house looks something like it did when we first moved in!

Of course, I did have to pause from the organizing for just a 'bit' to take care of a wee little problem of a BROKEN HOT WATER HEATER, that succeeded in flooding the storage area of our basement. We finally got the new one in about 2 hours ago, and as you can tell, I'm just dashing to get back to work on organizing . (It's funny the things you can think of to keep you from having to face the reality of a catasrophic house...).

So any of you with fun and exciting plans - enjoy them double for me - as for us, I will probably still be sloshing around our basement come Monday morning...

Jen B.

Comment

It was a beautiful day in the 70s here, which is such a nice relief from what we have in the summers......

DH is on call and had to round, but no babies/women in labor so far. My oldest son had a friend over most of the day, and my middle son had a soccer game at 4. We made burritos and guacamole for supper (yum!) and after a spritz of bug spray for everyone, we have spent the past hour outside enjoying the evening. Time for baths and bed pretty soon.....church tomorrow, with the afternoon and evening free, although DH will still be on call. It's been a nice day.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
              X