Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The most wonderful time of the year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most wonderful time of the year....

...I can't get enough of this time of the year. TONS of college football!!!

DW is glad that it is only really one day of the weekend though!

Matt -
    That's too funny that you love it because just an hour ago, I finally got the twins to nap and sat down for a 20 minute break before digging into our basement clean up, only to find the only thing on the one channel that comes in clearly was FOOTBALL. Hey, if it was a team I cared about, I would totally sit and watch, but when it's someone I don't even know, much less care about... well, even cleaning out the basement beat that in my excitement level .

Have fun and feel free to soak in my portion of the games!

As for the other activities this time of year - I suddenly feel like a little kid again getting excited for the whole holiday hoopla! (yes, we even Have the kids Halloween cosumes already, from our trip out west a few weeks ago, and Matt, you'll appreciate this, Seth (our son) is going as a BYU FOOTBALL player ).

Take care!
    Jen

Comment

Matt, you and my husband both are of like mind. It is beautiful today and I had to be outside (an ideal 75 degrees) even if it's picking weeds but he's inside glued to the tube. Of course he's an FSU fan since he's an alum but he also watches the UF games to see the enemy get clobbered. It's one of those days when I just let him veg in front of the the TV and even has his meals in front of it. 8O

I'm surprised he hasn't brought home a bedpan to use so he doesn't even have to leave the couch!

Comment

Jen, that is great! I can't count the number of years that I was a football player for Halloween. (sorry to hear about the water heater!)

Thu Van, when the weather is good, I will take a break at halftime to go out and throw the ball around. Now I just need some one to catch it...only a few more years and my boys won't even let me play I am sure!

Comment

I've been blessed with a husband who actually prefers shopping over football! (Yes, he is straight!) Matt, my neighbor is right there with you--I ran into him last weekend and he was counting the minutes until the season began!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

In our family, I'M the big football fan. My husband laughs because I'm a MUCH larger sports fan than he is for most sports. While my alma matter isn't a great football school, they're rebuilding and we're keeping our fingers crossed for the years to come. I'm also a big NFL fan. Won my fantasy football game this week!

Love the fall - weather change and football!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Fall is my favorite time of year with college football and the changing seasons. I miss tailgating and attending games at my alma mater. Saturdays at our house are always centered around the week's games. Sometimes I have to watch it alone because DH's blood pressure rises a lot when he watches his favorite team. It isn't a pretty day when our favorite teams play each other! Thankfully, we won 4 out of 5 years.

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Working...
              X