Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What a SCAM!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you too on Kleinfeld's! They were really rude and it was a crazy, high pressure pitch.

I'm not a huge fan on The Knot - but, there were a lot of people who had already done the legwork and really knew there stuff and could offer insight based on your area. Would it be possible to find a newer vendor who is still trying to build their portfolio? Maybe you could go the wholesale route (which is amazing) and they could discount their services in exchange for your photographer taking photos they could use for their portfolio?

Comment

I'm not offended at all.... There are definitely some not so good people in the industry....as with any field. Referrals are really best ways to scout out the ones who are worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMeganZ View Post
        I agree with you too on Kleinfeld's! They were really rude and it was a crazy, high pressure pitch.

I'm not a huge fan on The Knot - but, there were a lot of people who had already done the legwork and really knew there stuff and could offer insight based on your area. Would it be possible to find a newer vendor who is still trying to build their portfolio? Maybe you could go the wholesale route (which is amazing) and they could discount their services in exchange for your photographer taking photos they could use for their portfolio?
        Lol, I am also not a huge of the knot... (I did use it a bit at first, but as the wedding date is getting closer there seem to be way too many stressed out brides-to-be on the message boards), BUT that is a really good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MissMartini View Post
          I'm not offended at all.... There are definitely some not so good people in the industry....as with any field. Referrals are really best ways to scout out the ones who are worth it!
          Glad to hear. I was just really frustrated and needed to vent! I agree - good people and not so good are the norm in any industry!

I actually hired a planner a few months ago - not full, mainly to do DOC (guest transportation - etc.). But she also gives us rec's for the vendors we haven't hired yet - so this was one of her guys. His portfolio thing (not sure if there is an industry specific term) was great - but tended to be much more extravagant than I had in mind. So I probably should have known. I am not the type of person that thinks about flowers or color palettes etc. very often - so part of the problem may also be communication related (although - I brought tons of pics and his proposal doesn't seem to be in line with what I showed him...). Anyway, I'm sure I will figure something out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
            We got married in NY (LI specifically) and I used florists that a friend had used for her wedding. Her wedding cost over 6x as much as ours but the florists asked for my price range per centerpiece and what I wanted to spend total on flowers and designed some arrangements based on that. My sister used artificial flowers that we arranged ourselves but I thought it was too stressful (bc her wedding was huge) and didn't have the same look as fresh flowers.

I agree that I need to just go back and say - "ok that was nice, but what can you do for $XX?" In retrospect, we have started from that point - this was just a waste of time.

I also think that you have valid point and the wedding might be too big to really do the arrangements myself (plus I live across the country - so I'm not going to have tons of extra time to do stuff like that once I arrive in town).

Appreciate the insight!

Comment

Working...
            X