Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacements

WARNING-

Biased, uncompensated stomp for a certain company ahead.....

When DW and I got married, the crystal pattern that was chosen was discontinued about two hours after we got married....Ok, maybe not that soon, but someone was definitely playing a nasty joke by discontinuing it before it was completed! So, we searched many different stores and phone #'s and so called companies that told us ' you need it, we will get it' only to be told that there were no more to be had. My grandmother, who lives in South Carolina mentioned a company called Replacements. It has a store front near where she lives (and is based there as well) and she found some of her china pattern peices that had been broken/chipped and she purchased them, of course, and then told us about it. We checked them out, they have an online "store" and we have been terribly pleased.
    I am happy to say, our crystal pattern has now been completed! (Never in my life, would I have imagined I would say that!!!!). DW is going to be so happy. It has taken almost five years to get it done, but they found everything that we needed. They also have all our flatware, which by the way was also discontinued! They do repair work and some other things that we haven't had to check out. I thought I would pass it along in case anyone else has run into this same problem. They have never given me any reason not to do business with them, I recommend them.

http://www.replacements.com/
    1-800-REPLACE

Now to box these glasses up to only use them twice a year....they will look very nice next to the boxes full of china settings!

I will vouch for this company too! My mother-in-law has been looking for her crystal pattern, keep in mind she registered for this in 1972! I helped her look and we finally found it, it had been sold and resold and renamed but Replacements.com was able to help us find it and they had pieces of it in stock!

Its a brilliant business model and with the internet I'm sure they're doing VERY well!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My Mom & sisters have also used this company. They have been very happy with it.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think this sounds like a great idea. We haven't used it but I have seen it advertised in magazines and while our china and silver is still available, it gives me some piece of mind to know I could replace it if needed.
        A friend of mine who collects different china patterns (a plate here and there) went to the Replacements store and *loved* and thought she was in heaven. She said if she ever moved to that state, she would try to get a part time job there!

Comment

I too, have used it- my mom collects the odd piece of silver so they're a great resource for me for random gifts.

I will say that if your pattern is still manufactured- their prices aren't any better than you could find at any of the other discounters such as Michael C. Fina or Ross-Simon.

Jenn

Comment

I agree Jenn, they aren't afraid to charge you for it!

I have seen their prices go up about $15-20 per item...that doesn't count what they charge for shipping! But there again, we couldn't find them anywhere else so...

Comment

I agree, Jenn. Ross-Simmons has great china, flatware, and crystal prices. I am usually able to get more of a gift for someone by shopping there than a department store.
              We used their registry for our wedding and it was great!

Comment

Working...
              X