Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Step 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step 3

My DH will be taking the Step 3 exam over Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. He's been holed up studying for much of this week, though he knows that most of the material covered is stuff he has seen in the hospital throughout the course of his training so far, and not necessarily stuff he can prepare for by reading.

How many of your SO's have gone through this already, and what can I do for him on Tuesday night (between testing) to calm him down without hovering too much. Any advice is appreciated.

~Molly~

Well Molly-

There's probably not a whole lot you can do other than just be supportive. I sent my husband to the office to kill some aliens on the computer and then I think he ate, drank a beer or two and went to sleep. He was pretty exhausted because he didn't sleep at all the night before the test.

The night after the test though, several of us went out and they all celebrated completing another milestone.

Good luck to both of you-

Jenn

Comment

Molly,

The 3 good news is that step 3 is known as the easiest board of all. Just keep chanting this to your SO.

Good luck.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. He knows that Step 3 is supposedly the "easiest" and has many friends who have taken it already and breezed through. I think it's just the general prospect of the exam that makes him sweat. I'll keep you posted when he gets out!!

~Molly~

Comment

Maybe just have a nice and quiet dinner and get to bed early. That's what we did between the two days of the boards. Good luck!

Comment

It may be a relatively easy exam and have a high pass rate, but I think that the sheer stress of sitting there in front of a terminal for two full days takes alot out of them.
            Good luck with it.
            We went away for the exam for two nights, and it was pretty stressful.
            But it was great to get it over with!!!
            :P
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

T minus 24 hours to go...

He has been pretty insufferable all weekend. I'm giving him some leeway now, knowing what lies ahead for him, but I already told him he better snap out of this by Thursday, when he will have no excuse for being in a foul mood anymore !!

Comment

Results...

Molly...

How did it go :

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Ahhh....I am *so* looking forward to this in a few months. I don't know if the MCATs, boards, etc. are worse for the test-taker or the spouse.

Congratulations, Molly, on being so close to having this done! I hope the next few days go smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                  X