Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Blond moment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blond moment...

I apologize to my fellow blonds- I didn't used to be such a ditz, and I blame the kids more than the hair color... This is my blond moment--

In line at Safeway, picking up a few things for dd15s birthday cake, who popped up in line behind me? A mom of a classmate of ds7, who I had arranged a playdate with a few weeks ago-- the playdate fell thru, so she invited ds7 to go to her younger ds's bday party TODAY... At the time I said sure-- he will play with the brother of the birthday boy... And as soon as I arranged it, I totally forgot.

So I'm standing there buying gift cards and cake sprinkles, and I notice the person behind me buying a birthday cake, but I didn't look at her at all-- just in my own world-- and then her son, the classmate, says "it's my brothers birthday today!" and I said, "wow! It's my daughters birthday too!" and then I looked at the mom who was looking at me very strangely and I remembered it all!!! Lol.

I tried to act like I had not really forgotten (awkward) but when
    She reminded me that it starts at 4 while the cashier is telling me to swipe the card... I had to ask her to repeat the party details etc etc.

She was very gracious, told me it was her fault for not sending another email, but i feel like such a dork!

Oh well. Honestly it's better that I bumped into her bc that email where it was all arranged was from about 2 weeks ago and long forgotten!!

I had an extra webkinz around to give the birthday boy, and dh took ds down to the party. They will be home in time for celebrating dd15s birthday. Ugh.

Sometimes I depend too much on my online calendar but then again-- had I just entered the info way back when I would not feel like such an airhead today!!!

I used to have it *ALL* together. Seriously.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

I'm glad it worked out! Too funny! Give yourself a break - you do a great job!

Laurie
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

If things don't go directly into my calendar with a 24 hour advanced reminder, I NEVER remember. Yay for it working out.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I can relate Peggy....it is to the point that I set not just one, but two alarms in my phone for any non-recurrent event. One alarm the day before so I am prepared for whatever it is (bday party or whatever) and one alarm the day of about 15 minutes before I need to leave the house. Pathetic, I know!
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm setting alarms too!! We are all in this phase together I guess.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

The iPhone has 3 different alarms for me-- from the cozi family organizer thing for regular events and parties, the native calendar for medical apps and volunteering reminders, and the native reminders thing for to do type of stuff. Too many bells going off!!!

If it doesn't make the calendar it's out of my mind... But I have always written out everything-- just recently I start to forget! And be surprised by the reminders. Sigh.
            Peggy

Comment

I'm no longer too embarrassed to admit how many alarms I have!!!!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I don't even want to think about how things would be,if it weren't for the alarms & reminders on my phone!!!!!!!

Comment

I feel much better. Thank you ladies!
                  Peggy

Comment

Working...
                  X