Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Invitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitations

Looking for an AFFORDABLE website for bridal shower invitations. (Under $1 an invite). I've checked vista print which seems reasonable, but nothing I really like. I've also checked tinyprints, zazzle, 123print, weddingpaperdivas, and a few others but they are really over my budget.

I haven't looked in stores, yet, but I thought I would see if you guys had any suggested websites.
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

For my baby shower, my friend used evites! Do you really have to use printed ones?

ETA: Didn't mean that to come out as harshly as it did, but rather am trying to convey whether or not it's ok to just do the invitations electronically and spend nothing.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I think you can just go to a stationary store and find a cute pack of invites for much cheaper than $1/invite.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Target sells a pack of 50 really nice 5x7 blank invites that you can run through a printer easily. You need a top loading printer, though. That's what I did for a bridal shower I threw and N's baptism.

You can also go to Michael's and use their 40% coupon
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Have you done a search for free bridal shower templates? I saw so very cute ones that you can download and customize. You can then either print at home on card stock, but it's probably cheaper to take you file to kinkos or staples and have it. Printed on white card stock. Find a paper cutter to get a really straight edge. Be even better if you can fit at least two cards onto one sheet. Then i'd use a coupon at a craft store to get some nice envelopes, even a packet of various colors would be a fun punch. You're stuck with the stamp cost.
          -Ladybug

Comment

Our printer is broken (printing streaky/faded even though we've tried everything). Which is why I was looking online for somewhere that prints them, but maybe we need to just buy a new one. We've had ours for nearly 5 years, but I don't want to spend the money!

(I'm having more money issues/worries than usual as baby's arrival approaches!)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Kinkos printing is pretty cheap, don't buy a new printer (ink is crazy expensive anyway, better not to print at home). Pretty sure our kinkos has a paper cutter (was just talking to my yesterday about that).

Also look at wedding paper divas for free templates. I will try to think of the other sites I've seen recently with free stuff (I've been trying to find ceremony program templates the past few weeks). Oh.. Martha stewart weddings has some free templates too.

Comment

Wherever you order from, check retailmenot.com for coupon codes. It looks like most of the sites mentioned have some on there.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

At my stationery store almost all boxes of ten will be at least 12.50 per ten, which is close to your budget if you do your own printing. We are pretty consistent with other stationery stores, and we also have a sales section. We have two whole bins of odd numbers or older invites for 50 percent off, which i feel is also pretty commomn. I would strongly suggest skipping the internet and checking local paper stores for deals. No shipping cost and you can feel the paper.

As for buying a printer, I use a canon m series. You can get them at best buy often right around the 200 mark. Good luck!

Comment

Errrr... Was just writing a long post with links to a bunch of free templates and my tapatalk app quit. Annoying, but maybe a sign that you should just send an evite. Stamps are expensive!!

I recently asked my FMIL if she wanted to include an insert for the rehearsal with our invite- i figured she could save money on postage and the inserts weren't a bad deal- she apparently wants to email them. I kind of cringed (trying to stay away from convos about the cost of the rehearsal bc it just upsets me) , but I guess people do it... Maybe?

Could you email invites to your friends and then mail a few out to her grandmother etc (people who may not email?). Cutting out half might save a lot. You could also think about a post card style invite to skip the envelopes.

I'm actually kind if surprised you have to pay for the invites. My mom and her friends are paying for everything related to my shower. I felt like I couldn't ask my bridesmaids to pay for anything beyond dresses (I guess my sisters are my MOHs so my mom would have probably footed the bill anyway).

Are you looking for anything specific in terms of the invite? Colors, theme etc?

This site has some really pretty templates, but you kind if have to search through all the diy paper to find them: http://www.stylemepretty.com/categor...nd-stationery/

Wedding paper divas had a bunch of shower invites from $.69 (which I know us more than you wanted to spend, but may work if you decide to email some)

Comment

Okay, maybe I'm just getting old but how come you can't just buy pretty invites and handwrite the info. on them? No printer necessary, more personal, and less costly. Or like Alison said, go ultra modern and do an evite.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

This has a few too: http://www.downloadandprint.com/temp...m-templates-2/

I kind of agree about the stationary store. Unless you are one of those people that is really good at DIY type stuff, attempting it can just be a waste if money. (we are leaning towards just having our programs printed by our invite store, it's not very expensive to have them do it in house... And just cuts out costs related to me screwing up... I have an issue folding and cutting along a straight line, ha! It's sad really, lol).

But the stationary store here has a bunch of sale stuff... It's at least worth a trip (I freakin love stationary stores, I find them oddly calming). I walked by papyrus yesterday and they had an amazing wedding display in the window... They may have some sale stuff too.

Comment

Also check out 123print.com

They have post card type shower invites (so no envelope). It looks like 50 for $17.95

Comment

We've been able to find printers for the cost of what it would be to buy ink for the old one. If you really. We'd a printer for anything, don't dump any money or ink into the old one and just buy a new one.
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My friend did Save the Dates through Costco first. I think I mentioned it in the Christmas card thread once. Something like 200 for $40 and she made them with a software at home and printed them up there. Then for her actual invitations for her wedding she sent out e-invites to save money since everyone is online now days. For her it was about having a limited budget and what they wanted to spend their money on. I think now days for bridal showers that would be appropriate as well if you wanted to go the e-invite route. Then spend the money on cake, presents, prizes, food, beverages, decorations. My cousins use e-invites for their business party's they plan such as selling candles, chef things, ect.
                              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X