Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy first anniversary to the royal couple William and Catherine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy first anniversary to the royal couple William and Catherine!

It's been a year since the royal wedding where we discussed in the thread The Royal Wedding Dress the bride and groom and what's to come. I must say I'm really charmed by the couple in their first year of marriage. I see so much of Charles and Diana in William and Catherine has so much grace and charm as well. I hope Harry will be as lucky as William. Maybe he'll marry an educated "runway model of sorts" with as much kindness and generosity as Catherine displays too? I know he's frustrated in being able to find a life partner willing to take on the royal duties. He admits that in a rare interview with the press on the show CBS This Morning during his portion of the diamond jubilee tour in the Caribbean.

I've become a big fan of Kate's fashion sense and I'll even look at sites like What Kate Wore and Kate Middleton Style to find out where she got things and what they cost. No way I could afford $400+ shoes and dresses but it's really fun to go to the source and browse the designers she selects from.

For their anniversary doll versions of them were released. I don't think any of the dolls look very much like them. Madame Tussauds in New York also made several life size replicas of them in wax.

Last year was a ton of fun for watching royal weddings too. With Princess Anne's daughter Zara getting married.

Plus the Prince of Monaco's wedding.

And an extremely colorful royal wedding that you don't see everyday with the Bhutanese King.

It was the year of royal weddings! Back to my favorite royal couple Will & Kate what did you all think of their first year together? Here are some pictures and stories on their first year from the Wonderwall.

I thought it went beautifully. Now I'm looking forward to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and I really wish my husband and I could be in London for it and the Olympics. That's the dream vacation and place to be this year! I've read reports that Will & Kate are waiting until after the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympics to start a family so as not to overshadow the events. Reports say it may be shortly after they they move into a renovated Kensington Palace and get settled in. This year is just too full of royal duties with upcoming events.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Great year for them! They've been running some specials on TV about their first year together and I have caught a few.
    High school sweetheart and wife to an MS4 cutie, and mom to pretty baby J, silly Siamese kitty, crazy Weim, and funny ferret.

Comment

I officially wasted half my afternoon on the "What Kate Wore" website -- thanks alot haha

I agree, they do remind me a lot of Charles and Diana (well I didn't know much about Charles, but Diana and philanthropy work went hand-in-hand and I see them continuing her legacy in that). They've been so busy this past year though I wonder how much time they've had to spend just with each other enjoying married life -- of course their definition of married life would be nothing like ours, but you'd still hope to get a little quality time together now and then.
      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I've been catching all the specials online that I can but ironically I don't have a TV, yet. I spent half the day rewatching the wedding footage on various sites.

I have What Kate Wore bookmarked. I love it. My only complaint is I wish they'd update it more but they do it based on the number of her appearances. I've also bookmarked all the designers she picks so that keeps me entertained the rest of the time looking at the lines. I had forgotten how much I loved fashion. I usually don't watch what celebrities wear unless it strikes my fancy because I know they're somewhat dictated to. That's why I like Kate because you know she picks her own styles and is fashion savvy. She doesn't have someone dressing her. Plus a lot of what she wears is really classy and elegant.

Though I have to admit it creeps me out a little bit when they compare what she wears to something Princess Diana wore. I asked my fashion forward friends about this and they all said that there are only so many classic styles and they get reinvented, redone and recycled over time. So of course comparisons will be made. I don't like it much but they had some good advice. They said if you can find some of those classic pieces that stay in style with time then they're worth the $400+ money you spent on them.
        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
        X