Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trader joes and whole foods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trader joes and whole foods...

Are BOTH coming to Albany! I'm tickled pink.

I can just feel a crate and barrel coming... Then my consumer life will be complete.
    -Ladybug

Totally. Jealous. A Whole Foods is going in here next year, which is awesome. Except we won't be here by that time. We'll be living in hillbilly hell where we'll be lucky to have a Target an hour away.

Comment

Jealous! We just got a Whole Foods here, and I'm moving away.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'd heard about TJs, but not about Whole Foods. Rochester is getting a TJs too, I am psyched for that!

You need a Wegmans!! I can't believe they haven't put one in there.

Comment

TJs is opening this spring, and WF in two years.
          -Ladybug

Comment

We've had a couple of other grocers move into Albany recently too (fresh market and shoprite) so I hope the competive market will bring prices down. Groceries are criminal here.
            -Ladybug

Comment

I'm so addicted to TJs. I'm moving in 2 months from a place that has a WFs and a TJs to a place that has neither... I'm more than slightly upset about it.
              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Im not sure what I'll do when we move and there is no tjs. I bet there will be some mourning, maybe some hoarding before the move but with a whole foods & sunflower market I'll survive
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Trader Joes and Whole Foods are both great and I'm fortunate to have both nearby... but I still drive 20 minutes across the state line to get to the nearest Wegmans.
                  Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Whole Foods is cool...but so frickn expensive. Whole Paycheck.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

LOL, Google maps puts my nearest Target at exactly 1 hour 3 minutes away. I actually miss it more than I do WF!
                      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        Whole Foods is cool...but so frickn expensive. Whole Paycheck.
                        Totally .
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                          LOL, Google maps puts my nearest Target at exactly 1 hour 3 minutes away. I actually miss it more than I do WF!
                          Your nearest Freddy's is about that far, too, right? THAT'S what I'd be upset about, more than target.
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                            Your nearest Freddy's is about that far, too, right? THAT'S what I'd be upset about, more than target.
                            Preach!
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Yes! It was my time in Arizona that transitioned my loyalties from Freddy's to Target, but I would love LOVE to have FM close too. And I would choose a full service Freddy's over a Super Target any day of the week.
                              Alison

Comment

Working...
                              X