Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Phone Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Help

I have an android phone (bionic). Last week, it was reset to factory settings. I was unable to recover any of my contacts. Doing the backup thing restored about 3. Then, somehow (I have no idea how) I recovered all of them. I think it's because I reloaded the app 'youmail' which is a free visual voicemail thingy. Some of the pictures that go with the people are weirdly screwy, but I can change that.

I'm still having trouble though with sending messages. Many of my texts are not getting to the people. I know this from my mom and Thomas.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
    Any thoughts on what might be the problem?
    Um, because it's a Droid? All of the people I know with them HATE them and quickly switch back to an iPhone.

Comment

Kris we have always had droids and love them! I use two back up assistants(because I'm so paranoid%& thankfully have never lost my contacts. Sandy may be able to help you. Who is your carrier...whenever I have phone issues I always go into the Verizon store & they always help me out! Good luck & track down Sandy
      Last edited by Momo; 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my droid as well... And I second taking it to the store. They've been very helpful with issues that I have had in the past.
        Kris

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
          Um, because it's a Droid? All of the people I know with them HATE them and quickly switch back to an iPhone.
          True dat!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I love my android phone, but I'm honestly not sure what might have caused you to lose your contacts from a factory reset. All of them should be tied to your google account, which is not dependent on the phone itself at all. I could factory reset my phone right now, and have my contacts all back in 5 minutes just by logging back into my google account from the phone. If you're using a third-party app (instead of google) for mail/contacts, I wouldn't know what's up. My guess from what you've said is that whatever's wrong with the pictures is related to what's wrong with the messages and where they're going, maybe? I'd do some controlled tests with someone else - go to send a message by typing in their number, first; if they get it, then try sending one using their contact listing. Sounds like maybe names are connected to the wrong numbers/pictures now, somehow?
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I did log back into google! Now i know!

Messages do seem to be working as far as i k)now ... yesteeday thimas didnt get several but today he got all (shrugs)

Only remaining priblem is that i csnt get it to accept my tahoomail info...
              Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
              X