Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mother's Day Gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked DH for his thoughts about Mother's Day. His opinion was that of course he was going to celebrate it in my honor, because I am the mother of his child. *swoon*
    ETA: In fact, DH was just so pumped about it, he let me sleep in last Sunday...until my Mom pointed it out when he texted her (yes, his MIL) a Happy Mother's Day. Whoops! Better early than late?
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Yeah. I think once you are a mother yourself, your spouse should make that day special for you. On my first Mother's Day as a mother, my parents sent me flowers. It was so nice of them to think of me. Dh is just as much an idiot about gifts as his crazy mom.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I agree with you Alison, I made it clear awhile back that I wanted the day to be special. I'll do the same for him.Growing up it was about the spouse and the kids honoring the parent. Though admittedly my dad sort of sucked at it. He's trying to make it good for my mom this year...told my sister and I he is going to get her some "real nice shit." lol

I actually want to make it really nice for my mom his year. I have new perspective on motherhood recently!!!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I know! You have a new way of looking at your mom, I bet. Can you believe all the sleepless nights you put her through.
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
            He's trying to make it good for my mom this year...told my sister and I he is going to get her some "real nice shit." lol
            Still cracking up about that!
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
              Still cracking up about that!
              LOL Me too!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Your DH should model and teach your children how to celebrate and carry on family traditions. We always helped my dad make a big breakfast to be served to mom in bed and shared by the family while mom opened cards. DH carries this on with our children. They love to help cook, even when they are little and eating in bed as a family cracks them up.

I was going to order an accordion of family photos for our moms but I've run out of time. My ILs are still here (stayed an extra week!) so I'm going to pick up this gorgeous orchid that she liked for everyone to give to her. Then I'm locking the doors when they leave Monday morning!!!
                -Ladybug

Comment

After two days , on 13th May is mothers day , i am planning to surprise my mother with a nice gift , please help me friends suggest me some gifts .

Comment

This is what I got my mom: http://www.themittflops.com/

We'll get my MIL amazon kindle credit so she can pick a book.

I know the boys bought me a book because Barnes and Noble was sponsoring the elementary school last Saturday and they went and then I got a phone call "so, if you wanted a book for Mother's Day, what would it be?" He knows better than to ignore it- I threw a fit a couple of years ago because I got Nothing. He ultimately bought me a very sad and pathetic bouquet from the grocery store which made it worse.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                      But I just wonder its Mother's Day, not grandparents' day, should I be getting my mom something and DH the same?
                      I struggle with this too. I feel as though the gift should be from me and MIL's gift should be from DH.

The reality is though that both my mom and MIL would much rather have a crayon drawing from the grandkids than an expensive gift from us. And so that is what they get. For almost every occasion - birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Mother's Day. (Not necessarily a crayon drawing, but something related to the Grandkids....)
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

They loved them so I guess now I know homemade always works with the grandmothers!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                        X