Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

BF of GF going to medschool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF of GF going to medschool

: Hi i have recently been enlightened by the life that i would lead by marrying my gf while in medschool. She honeslty scared the crap out of me. i knew the ideas and the sacrafices that would need to be made, but she put them in a whole new perspective. I just need a little advice or encouragement that it can work. We plan to be married in 2005 but i haven't proposed yet. It is more of a plan. But she knows that i can handle the lack of seeing her but will i be able to handle telling our children which we want a couple years after marriage. I know that i can handle anything that is given to me. Like i told her when i take those vows, i am sticking to them for life. i know many people say this but refuse to get a divorce. and it is out of the question after children. So any help and encouragement would be appreciated. and i think that a site like this a wonderful thing. thank you

seige, my husband (the medical one) and I don't have children yet but my only piece of advice is to continue encouraging not only with words but with action. My husband are going through residency match right now, we've been married for just over 1 year, and he is very concerned about my thoughts of where we go. Which, while I'm very glad he is, I have to keep reminding him this is HIS career and he needs to go to a residency that is going to put him in a position to get a great attending position in a few years. My job will be to take care of myself and the kids. I think its very true that people that marry doctors are unselfish, you have to be to get through what you're put through! Welcome to the site and good luck with your decisions! We're all here to give advice and lend shoulders to whine on!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thank you Cheri

Cheri i want to thank you. From what i have read in these messages, there is an excellent chance that things can work. i really never had doubts, i just needed some encouragement from others who have done it. i am in fact a very selfless person. i am willing to do some much for others but never need anything back. i love helping people with there problems and listening. so i figure as long as we understand that after intern, and residency life atleast i believe gets easier. less time away i think at least that is what i have been told. and she is looking into perdiatric surgery, so those are scheduled unless its an emergency. but thanks again. and i hope to frequent this site. for help when i can give it or just somewhere to talk.
      thanks again, Cory

Comment

Working...
      X