Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm so confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so confused

Kris, sorry to keep whining about this, but I'm so confused! If I go to the old bookmark (medicalspouse.com) I am able to log in and have the old space theme which is hard to read. If I go to medicalspouse.org, I have the new theme but it won't let me log in. It gives me the login page and the security code, and when I type it in it goes back to the main forum but I'm still not logged in and can't access some of the forums. What should I do?!
    Awake is the new sleep!

You're not alone, Sue! I am having a hard time logging in, too. I have to use a link from an email.

Comment

Sue....You aren't whining...I'm glad you're saying something. First...try and login at the main page...medicalspouse.com or medicalspouse.org. Then go to your theme management and change it to starmkg for the time being. I promise I'll fix the other theme so that it is usable again asap. I changed your theme in the database but it must not have worked.

Then delete your cookies in your browser. You should be able to do this by looking up at the very, very top of your screen to where it says "Tools". Click on Tools and then 'Internet Options'....It will then allow you to "Delete Cookies". Try that and then login at the forums.

I'll send this on to Ron as well.....

Let me know what happens!!!

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

It worked! It was strange, though! I disabled my cookies (didn't know how to do that before, thanks Kris!). Then I went to the homepage medicalspouse.com and logged in. It went to the space theme so I went to my profile and tried to change it but the starm? one wasn't an option. So I tried the .org address and it wouldn't let me log in. I went back to the .com address and went through the home page and clicked on the "change themes" button and wallah! Here I am with a theme that I can read and logged in at the same time!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm glad it worked...but that is still strange...I"m going to bring it up with Ron...be rest assured that you aren't the only one having problems.

kris

Comment

While we're posting problems...can we change the way the e-mail notifications are sent? The ones I'm getting aren't to anyone and they aren't from anyone therefore my spam control sends them to my Junk box and I don't get that.

Can we change that?

Thanks!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

email notifications

hmmmm..that's a good question. I'll look into it right now.

kris

Comment

Ok, I am completely stumped.
                I did all that stuff you suggested, Kris. Clear the cookies, check. Log on and change to the starmkg theme, uh, couldn't find it. Kept getting the old website. Somehow got to the new website and it won't let me log on.
                Somehow got to old website and am logged on but the background is the brown color.
                This is not really my forte.....
                Can you tell?

Comment

I'm feeling so stupid...where is the theme management? Is it under the profile section? Board style? If so, starmkg isn't one of the choices. :!

I would just like to state, for the record, that I have a nasty headcold that is impairing my thinking ability. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

No apologies here guys...this stuff CAN be confusing...which is why I practiacally page Ron every day

I'm going to start a new post with step-by-step instructions for everyone...I'm soooo sorry about this.

kris

Comment

Kris,
                      I did all of the above....and I think the page looks "right" but I still am having a lot of trouble logging on. I had to reply to this message to get the log on to work. (In other cases, I just keep getting the log-in screen over and over and it doesn't work).
                      I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Comment

waaaah!

I put a call out to the erdoc....I'm sure he'll know the solution!

kris

Comment

I was posting away on the "old"page....and no one was responding. I thought, man, it must be nice that all the other medical spouse have their SO around not as much time as me to whine!!

I was using a different browser and hasn't made the changes needed...feel a little silly now.
                          gmdblack

Comment

I have lost all my access to the call room, and marriage matters and stuff...may I please be let back in?!
                            I promise to stop posting things on an old page that no one will read?
                            gmdblack

Comment

Ok, now I am totally flipped out!!

Way back when I found this website I signed under a different username. Now that name works too! That is what I was using...trippy... I need to get off the computer before I hurt myself. Oh yeah, I can get into all the things I could before...sorry Kris! I am leaving now...

Comment

Working...
                              X