Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Groan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groan

Andrew's car battery died recently. We recharged it and I drove it in to Sears this morning. It died in the middle of an intersection (apparently, it's the alternator and so the car is trying to run off of the battery!) and I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone!!!

I had to haul myself to a business, call Thomas and have him pick me up, get a jump and get to Sears. I literally rolled into their parking lot!

We just bought his car for 2000. It's an old Ford Explorer (1996) and it is every bit of awesome ... except, you know, we are going to be throwing a big sum of money at it.

At least now I'm tucked into Caribou coffee with my laptop enjoying coffee and a grilled cheese.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

ugh that is painful. Yay for grilled cheese!
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Grilled cheese does make everything better
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        Grilled cheese does make everything better
        Word!
        Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Do yourself a favor and buy that car a road side assistance coverage. Congrats on his new car! Very cool!
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I had the EXACT same thing happen a few years ago. My alternator went out when I stalled my car in an intersection (the stalling was my fault -- driving a manual while distracted and wearing heels) and it wouldn't start again. I also forgot my cell phone that day and had to beg a dry cleaner's to use their phone. Second the roadside assistance recommendation! And yay to new-to-you cars!
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Sounds like my first car - a Dodge Omni.

I carried an extra battery around with me for times when I couldn't get a jump start. 8 )
              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
              X