Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FB Blocking/Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB Blocking/Questions

Since some of you are pretty adept at this, is there any way to accept a friend request but block them for some/all of your photos?

This is embarrassing but a friend's little girl just FB friended me (she's 13). I'd like to accept her but I am from the earliest facebook generation - my school was one of the first 10 to get FB and there are some unflattering college photos on there. Nothing too scandalous but enough that she might realize I was drinking. I don't want to be a bad influence but I don't know how to clean it all up and/or block her?
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I think You can add her to a certain friend group - just make one up - and then go change your settings do that friend group only sees certain things...

Comment

yeah that is right. There is an option for making past posts invisible, or something similar to that.
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

also see if you can untag yourself from all those unflattering pics.
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I think you have to go post by post.

I guess I should just untag them all, huh? What a PITA.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

You can set a default that they won't see any pictures/posts unless you opt them in (I had to do this when my boss growlers me...super awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
              I have the same dilemma with my cousin's kids. Like you, nothing too scandalous. Just pictures where it is obvious that I've been drinking. In the end I kept everything the way it was. That's life. Plus I think the naïveté of being that age is that in a lot of those pictures you just look like you're being a big goofball instead of just drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This. Unless you're obviously underage (but you look so young anyway, so who cares!) - grown-ups are allowed to drink. It's one of the perks of being an adult
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
              X