Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pet peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet peeves

Everyone has them - what are yours?

I HATE lights left on in the house. I will actually not even turn a light on unless it is absolutely needed!
    Slow people who take up an entire walkway (sidewalk, aisle, etc).
    People who claim to be tech savvy, but don't do any internet research on how to fix a problem
    "Professionals" who are out of the office for more than a few days and don't have a vacation message on their phone or email

I had a bunch that were teaching related, but I don't have to deal with that anymore!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Oh my gosh, where to start! Most of mine are grammar-related. Like, "your" does not mean "you are." That one drives me bat-shit crazy. Or, people who say "advise" when they mean "advice." Or how about "I seen it" instead of "I've seen it" or "I've seen that." I could go on and on.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

* Cabinets left open in the kitchen.
      * People who say, "I could care less."
      * People who crack their knuckles.
      * Seeing car seats propped up in shopping carts.

I thought I had a lot more, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything else.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

Grammar errors
        Lights left on...I like to throw my arms up and yell at DH "what, do you think we're made of money?!"
        People who text/chat on cell while driving and don't pay attention
        When on the highway and you go to pass a sloooow car, they suddenly speed up and you're in a race. WTF is that about?!

Comment

* People who eat behind me. My family does it on purpose just to get a rise out of me... really [brother]? You have to eat that freakin' carrot right behind me, RIGHT NOW? REALLY?
          * Grammar errors
          * People who smoke out of their car window when traffic is at a standstill
          * People who smoke in their car with a child or dog (actually this makes me see red)
          * People who smoke in public areas intended for children
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

People who force their dogs on you and expect you to like dogs. I am not talking about if I come into your home, but it bothers me in public. My son has a decent allergy, and it sucks to be vilified because I don't like dogs and can be terrified by them for the most part and have people pissed because I don't want their dogs at my house or in public places.

Smoking.

People who correct my grammar. It's condescending and my MIL does it.
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

- People, in general.
              - Kids being assholes to their parents.
              - People coming over unannounced.
              - Unprofessional behavior.
              - Shitty customer service.

Comment

a million. Off of top of my head

People who say "alls" like "alls you have to do is..."

Not getting all of the food that I ordered in the drive through. (the other Panera forgot my salad dressing and I almost cried when I got home)

The biggest one that I feel like i've been seeing a lot of is people acting hateful and judgmental and calling it "christian" agh. That is probably for an entirely different thread though.
                -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

People who can't bother to use a turn signal or weave through traffic. Especially middle aged men in expensive cars. Might as well have a "small penis" bumper sticker.

People who actively defend not using a turn signal. Wtf??

My husbands habit of shedding socks in the living room or leaving clothes ON TOP of the hamper or bedroom floor

Chain emails. They are never true. Ever. I'm not an Obama fan but those who send chain emails about him have stupid reasons for hating him.

Theres more, but that's enough for now.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The sound of people chewing makes me want to vomit. Not sure if that's a pet peeve, since people have to eat...but crunching noises are the worst!
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                      The sound of people chewing makes me want to vomit. Not sure if that's a pet peeve, since people have to eat...but crunching noises are the worst!
                      I am this way with coughing or constant throat-clearing. {shudder}

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                        * Cabinets left open in the kitchen.
                        Oh hell yes. I hate this, too! And open drawers.

Comment

I thought I was the only weirdo who hates the sound of people eating.
                          SoonerTexan, DH came home this morning and literally dropped his scrubs next to the hamper, as in they were touching it. It would have been less annoying if he'd just left them in his usual place of the foyer.
                          The fact that a three year old is lying in my bed right now.
                          DH leaving every cabinet open. Dude, you're 31 freaking years old.

Comment

- Grammar mistakes
                            - Vague-booking (posting vague Facebook status updates trying to get people to ask you about it)
                            - "Copy this status" stuff on FB (Okay, clearly I spend too much time on there!)
                            - Having the dollar bills in my wallet facing different ways. Even when I worked in fast food, I kept them neatly facing the same direction in the drawer.
                            - Inefficient dishwasher loading
                            - When DH plays Xbox at night and doesn't switch the volume control back over to the TV before turning it off. The way it's set up, when I realize it, I have to turn off the TV, turn on the Xbox, adjust the volume, turn off the Xbox, and turn the TV back on. While the boy is screaming "Watch Choo Choo! Watch Choo Choo!"
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Ugh. That FB shit is super annoying, too. The number of people I've removed from my feed is far larger than those still in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X