Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite simple pleasures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite simple pleasures?

What are your favorite simple pleasures?

Brand new, pristine white gym socks
    Hot cocoa with whipped cream on a chilly day
    Sitting by a fire
    Cashmere
    Sitting on the front porch watching the birds and rodents in the yard
    Driving DH's car on the highway with the top down, while playing my secret lover's cd.

Oh, this is a nice topic!!

- The first sip of coffee in the morning
    - Eating chocolate in the bath tub
    - Finding forgotten cash in the pocket of my jeans
    - Pulling into a parking spot at the exact moment that the song I'm listening to on my CD ends
    - My funny Beagle baying indignantly out the window whenever a big truck goes by
    - The feel of my flip-flops, which are made from a recycled yoga mat

Comment

Starbucks Hot Apple Spice
      Getting a magazine in the mail
      Taking a shower without a baby sitting on the floor outside of it
      Mike's hard limeade

I also like this topic!
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

Getting the mail with DD every day after I finish working

Opening a new book for the first time

The first crisp fall day

The way your skin smells after a day at the beach.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Finding something so unexpectedly funny I can't breathe from laughing so hard
          Drinking tea and snuggling in bed when it's cold outside
          The way sheets feel when I shave my legs and jump in bed (this one doesn't happen too often)
          Butterflies and contentment when the (ex?) SO holds my hand while sleeping (let's hope this happens again soon)
          Long walks amongst lots of trees
          Dogs
          Pajamas
          Socks

Comment

When my 18 year old cat sleeps on my pillow and purrs.

My dog. Everything about my dog. My dog is the most perfect dog in the world.

Sitting by the pool on a cool spring evening sipping wine and watching the bats with the dawktor.

Walking the dude to school with the dogs every morning.

and the one below freezing day we get every year. I'm pretty much the only one outside...

Comment

The first day of fall when you can sleep with the windows open
              The first chilly game day with the best of friends
              Snuggles from DH's niece and her screaming "oh how I've missed you"
              First warm day of spring when you can roll the windows down and rock out to 80s music
              Sleeping in on a Saturday with no plans all day or night
              Cocktails on a patio...
              sigpic
              buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

- When it finally cools down enough to roll down the windows, open the sunroof, and crank up the music as I drive around our podunk town on the country roads.

- Taking the dog for a walk alone when the kids are at school and DH is working.

- Having a glass of wine on the deck at dusk while watching the waning sun play on the hills on the other side of the valley.

Comment

Cleaning house with a podcast on the iPod after the kids are in bed
                  Sitting under the stars watching the ISS go by
                  Gathering food, be it potatoes in my garden or berries in the woods
                  Wading in the brisk cool ocean on an 80 degree day
                  The scent of Autumn Sunset roses drifting on a spring breeze
                  Alison

Comment

I think it's pretty funny how many people's answers have something to do with fall/cooler weather. I'll be ecstatic when I can be outside for more than 15 minutes without breaking into a sweat.

- Rocking on the back porch in the early evening while having a drink and listening to the high school band practice a few blocks away
                    - Getting completely covered in dirt and sweat from working in the yard and then feeling like I really earned my shower
                    - Snuggling with my fluffy kitty cats every morning when I wake up
                    - High-fives from my dog
                    - Solo road trips when I can blast my music, dance and sing loudly
                    - Old movies (I stayed up until 1:00 watching Singing in the Rain last night)
                    - That new tennis ball smell
                    - Checking a bunch of things off my weekly to-do list in one day
                    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

-bubble baths with a glass of wine while hubby puts kiddo to bed

Comment

When my kids snuggle me for no reason and tell me they love me.
                        When you entertain and a guest makes an effort a few days after to call and tell you how much fun they had.
                        Soaking in a hot bubble bath just because.
                        Lobster tail.
                        The "high" my family has when the Seahawks win.
                        Hearing the squeaks on the gym floor when basketball season starts.
                        The sound of a swooshing basketball. (Nothing but net.)
                        Wearing something that looks AND feels good.
                        Being well rested.
                        My 13 year old Labrador when he puts his head on my feet and sighs.
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Snuggling with my cats

The smell of fresh herbs

The feeling after a good swim.

The sound of a rain storm.

Laying in freshly washed & dried sheets in a newly made bed.
                          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Wings and college football games
                            Scarves
                            Snuggling on the sofa in the winter while watching The Office
                            DVR
                            Frozen wine coolers...my new fave
                            Painted nails
                            Laying with the dog and cat at the same time
                            The smell of my Christmas tree

Can you tell my favorite time of year?

Comment

The feeling of freshly starched shirts.

Watching college football with my grandpa

Getting coffee at Starbucks and it being the perfect temp to drink right away

In the fall, when the leaves turn, walking through our neighborhood. It is stunning!
                              Brandi
                              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X