Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

There are two types of people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are two types of people...

I often start sentences this way and my DH thinks I'm insane but I think people often do fall into certain funny categories.

Some of my previous ones:

There are two types of people in this world....

...people who like karaoke and people who don't. (I hate karaoke for the record)
    ...people who appreciate a good jam and people who don't. (Jam like jelly...I'm obsessed with finding a good jam)
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I like jelly but not jam...
    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
      I like jelly but not jam...
      Same here!

I'll have to think of some of mine!
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm a jam girl and find it annoying that the majority of "jams" are now seedless which really makes them jelly.

I also hate karaoke
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

People who like a good debate and those that find think it's rude/uncomfortable.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

And I'm sensing that Karoake night at our first iMSN convention would be a flop. Except for me, warbling to "Don't Stop Believing".
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

People who absolutely love Texas and those that don't 'get it.'
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                People who absolutely love Texas and those that don't 'get it.'
                Same with California!
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                  And I'm sensing that Karoake night at our first iMSN convention would be a flop. Except for me, warbling to "Don't Stop Believing".
                  Rock Band! You don't HAVE to sing, but if someone wants to, they can, and anyone can play drums on easy.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I happen to like karoke and I don't really have a preference of jam versus jelly - it drives DH nuts!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I love jam. When I was a kid, my best friend's mom made the best PB&J sandwiches in the world - A) sugar-y, smooth peanut butter my crunchy hippie mother would NEVER buy (haha, now I eat all natural/organic/local from the Co op); B) thick and chunky (and sugar-y) strawberry jam; C) very soft whole wheat bread. The sandwich was made with one slice of bread, folded in half - the bread was soft enough to not tear from being folded, and for some reason I just loved that.

Anyway... this one's my favorite:
                        There are two people in the world... mothers and their children.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                          People who like a good debate and those that find think it's rude/uncomfortable.
                          Great one!
                          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Those who love cats and those who cant stand them (put me in the latter)
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Early birds vs. night owls
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X