Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Desert Island Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Island Foods

A few days ago at dinner, DH, my SIL, and I were discussing what your desert island foods would be. My DH who likes to be annoying about this was like, well obviously there's coconut and fish so I won't choose those...and then spent like 20 minutes constructing his list and arguments.

We joked that DD would answer: breastmilk, carrots, butternut squash, snap peas, and bananas. But mostly breastmilk.

So, what are your five desert island foods (no counting whole categories like "fruit" or "cookies" must be specific). Assume there's nothing foragable on the island.

Mine are:

-Macintosh Apples
    -Cherry Preserves (TJs brand)
    -Really sharp cheddar cheese
    -Diet Coke
    -Peanut butter
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I'm not going to bother being practical (rice, beans), even though I love those foods too. These are my indulgence foods I NEVER get sick of.

- Avocados
    - Mangoes
    - Sharp white Cabot cheddar
    - Good Salami
    - Red Wine
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

My staples that must be available at all times are Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar and Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits. I could live on that combo. Then probably apples and peanut butter. (Ok, T&S, our lists are looking awfully similar...) Then ranch flavored sunflower seeds. And gummy bears. (I know that's 6 things.)
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Coffee
        Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage
        Chocolate Mousse
        Broccoli
        Oranges (gotta think about scurvy)
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
          My staples that must be available at all times are Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar and Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits. I could live on that combo. Then probably apples and peanut butter. (Ok, T&S, our lists are looking awfully similar...) Then ranch flavored sunflower seeds. And gummy bears. (I know that's 6 things.)
          Omg, I almost wrote Tilamook!!!! I flove you!!!
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Wine
            Diet Coke
            Coffee
            Cheese (gouda or provolone)
            My mom's homemade corn tortillas
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Hummm. Peanut butter, apples, cheese (gouda or harvati), chocolate and some sort of bread (whole wheat).
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

You all are going to get scurvy!!

Except maybe MsSassyBaskets with the mangos
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yeah, I won't get scurvy... just high cholesterol!
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

With my choice of foods, I somehow think scurvy is the least of my worries.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Ooh, I love this game!

1. Mocha latte
                      2. Brown rice pasta with basil pesto
                      3. Plain yogurt with blueberries
                      4. Fried egg and cheddar sandwich
                      5. Ratatouille

Did I cheat?

Comment

1. Coke in a glass bottle
                        2. Greek yogurt with honey and granola
                        3. Cashews
                        4. Peaches
                        5. Rum (we *are* on an island here, people -- and I'm assuming I can get pineapple on said island)
                        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

coke
                          peanut butter
                          bread
                          apple juice
                          chocolate (this should have been listed first!)

Comment

I don't even know how I would narrow it down! I freaking love food. Probably some yummy clarified butter to go along with all the crab. Crab is my favorite food. I imagine I'd get sick of it though!

Chocolate Almond Ice Cream
                            Strawberries
                            Milk Chocolate
                            My fav dessert - which is a creme brulee type custard with a sweetened cream cheese topping with brown sugar on top and warmed.
                            Sharp Cheddar Cheese
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

How about if each of us brings our top 5 foods to the island, and then we can share it all. YUM!!!

Interesting how chocolate, peanut butter, and cheese seem to be on most lists... I'm equally obsessed with coffee and chocolate, so I chose a mocha latte because that's combining the two into one and thus leaving more room for other foods.

Comment

Working...
                              X