Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Print Newspapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Newspapers

Do you subscribe?

I usually have, but not since the move. I miss the circulars, and the local news sections. The front page news is generally "old news" by the time it makes it to print! Ds misses the sports section-- he used to pore over all that stuff but gets it on his iPod now too so I don't know if he'd actually read the paper...

??

I honestly like the convenience of the weekend circulars being delivered to me. I don't miss the huge recycling pile, the editorials, the too graphic photos that I have to hide from my little kids...

Can't decide if I want to subscribe here... Any thoughts?
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Would it be SF or San Jose? I thought the paper was a nice way to figure out what was going on around town. I'd just read it at starbucks, and never subscribed. The paper for Palo Alto was always entertaining--especially the police blotter section. Only in small towns do break-ins make it into the paper!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We get the NY Times daily, but I only read it occasionally, DH reads it every day. I used to get the local paper, but never read it and finally canceled.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We get the paper on Wednesdays - Sundays because those are the days with the ads, coupons, food section, etc. And we get the NYT on Sunday.

If I were you I'd get the SF paper, that is what we got when we were there, I felt it was better then the SJ paper.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We get the local paper every day and the NYTimes on Sundays. I also have the BBC, Huffington Post and Washington Post apps on my phone. News junkie.

J.

Comment

I love getting my local newspaper every morning. DH thinks I'm ridiculous. He'll have to pry me away from it, haha.

But my dad's a newspaper guy. I grew up with them.

It's worth it for me for the breakfast ritual alone. I enjoy reading news stories more in the paper. The layout helps me get a sense of what other people think is important. And I like flipping through the ads, too. Those are my reasons. If I ever get an eReader, I think I could make a good case for subscribing there and just getting the print paper on Sundays, but we'll see.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I have only read news online for over 10 years. I hate having newspapers around.

Comment

We subscribe to the local paper. We used to get it daily but - as a cost-savings measure - they only offer home delivery on Th/F/Sun so those are the only days we get it now.

I like having the news distilled for me, and I also like getting the circulars and coupons.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We used to but the kiddo tends to shred them and well, it is hard to read them with her yanking them out of my hands- so I catch news on the web...I miss the paper though...I love NY Times...

Comment

Hmmmm... Well I'll have to look into it.

The SF chronicle was a bit more expensive than SJ paper, but the SJ service gets really ridiculously bad reviews so it's probably worth it to go with the bigger paper...
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                      We get the local paper every day and the NYTimes on Sundays.
                      J.
                      This is us exactly. DH loves the ads and reads them religiously every day (remember, this man absolutely adores shopping and will find any excuse to buy stuff!).
                      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Working...
                      X