Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Waking-up-in-the-morning Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That really is a great story. It's funny how the smallest thing can make such a difference, especially for children.

Comment

That's a good point. It really is the small things. I hit on that about two weeks ago when we had a normal fight about me feeling unappreciated and doing everything.

I said I really don't expect you to do half of everything, I just want to come home and see you emptied the dishwasher because you saw it needed to be done and it was a way you could show you appreciate me and want to help. I just don't want to have to ask about every little thing. I think he got it a little more after that though we still have a ways to go!!!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

MrsK, one thing dh used to do during residency was to write the children a note every morning before he left. Nothing long, just a sentence or two on a sticky note left on the door. This was a way for him to continue to insert himself in the children's lives even when he wouldn't see them for days. They knew he was thinking of them and he felt like he was making a connection every morning. He has also been making all the lunches for the last 4 years and he writes a silly or sweet note on the bag. Even though your kiddos are little, your hubby can do small things like this to still feel connected. And I agree that everyone gets a pass now and then but residency in and of itself doesn't give someone a pass. I don't even wake up when dh leaves so I'm not making him breakfast or lunch, lol.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

One thing I like to do is bake muffins for my DH and his colleagues each week, everyone seems to like it. Its sort of liking making breakfast.

I do agree with MrsK though, just because your SO is a physician doesn't give them carte blanche. I worked two jobs, planned our wedding, and did all the housework this summer while my DH was on 3 months of in patient rotation. I was exhausted. He was exhausted. To make a home and a family work you've got both put some effort, any kind of effort in. Its never going to be an equal split of labor but it certainly can't be one person making all the effort all the time.

So I make dinner, he does the dishes. I do the laundry, he cleans the bathroom. There is no point in sitting silently and steaming about it. Talk about what you need and what your SO can give.

Comment

Working...
          X