Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iPod/iTunes question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod/iTunes question

I am looking at getting DS9 a shuffle for his birthday since his MP3 player died recently and am wondering if it is possible for him to sync it with iTunes both at my house and at his dad's thereby getting music from both of us.
    Kris

The short answer is no. You can only sync them to one computer.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Okay - can the mp3 files be transferred between computers via flash drive? I know the ones that are downloaded from iTunes can't because they are registered to the account.
      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
        The short answer is no. You can only sync them to one computer.
        I'm not sure if that's correct. I sync to both our laptop and desktop.

Comment

If home sharing is on, you can do that. But you can't sync to two different computers at two different houses. I mean, you can, but someone's iTunes library will be wiped out.
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

So with home sharing, you can sync with more then one library as someone said but they have to be in the same wireless network. You can transfer files by flash drive but you'll need to authorize them which requires the purchasers account/password.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Sorry this doesn't answer your question directly, but I've given up trying to manage music files. It just took up too much time. I use a streaming service called Rdio (like Spotify if you've heard of it). Only $10 a month and it can stream to your computer and portable devices.

Comment

I'm too cheap to pay for streaming for my 9 year old, so an MP3 player.
                Kris

Comment

Most mp3s should no longer have digital rights management that prevents you from copying the files from one computer to another. Those downloaded before a certain date will still have them, but for more recent files you shouldn't have to authorize itunes to put them on another account.
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

My kids get a ton of music off YouTube. They just use an mp4 to mp3 converter (free online) and download the mp3. Then they put the files on their iPhones.

Probably sketchy but it's what most of the kids round these parts are doing.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've ripped a bunch of CD's from the library, but some of them must have some sort of DRM, because I wasn't able to put them in Media Player, but iTunes was able to handle them. And it was newer CD's, stuff less than 2 years old.
                      Kris

Comment

Ah. I was thinking of music downloaded from itunes, amazon, Google play, etc. I haven't used cds in a while so I had no idea they had drm. There are programs online that help you remove the drm...
                        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                        X