Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you could see any historical event..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are more things/people I'd like to see/meet.

- Helen Keller as an adult.

- The American Revolution

- Tolstoy

- Tchaikovsky

- Lewis Carroll because you KNOW that fucker was a trip.

Comment

I'm gonna go with the last day they finished a pyramid, The Beatles' last concert at Shea Stadium or before they were famous and played the Cavern Club, Beethoven premiering Ode to Joy, singing of the Declaration of Independence, any day with Rasputin getting creepy with the Romanovs, and this isn't really historical but I'd really to see when my parents met or their wedding day.

Comment

The passion of Christ. The foot of the cross is where my own life and the divine have touched. That's where I found Him. That's where I would go.
        -Ladybug

Comment

High on my list would be a day in royal court - Victorian England, Rameses' Egypt, Julius Caesar's Rome - during a major celebration or festival.
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

The Anabaptist takeover of Munster. I don't know why a movie hasn't been made yet.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              The Anabaptist takeover of Munster. I don't know why a movie hasn't been made yet.
              Because an inexcusably large percentage of people would assume that it is a movie about a super-religious Protestant girl named Anna who makes a smeary, unpasturized French cheese.

Or worse, they would assume it is somehow about how the Munster family abandoned their lives of Addams family wanna-bes and became Baptists.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                Because an inexcusably large percentage of people would assume that it is a movie about a super-religious Protestant girl named Anna who makes a smeary, unpasturized French cheese.

Or worse, they would assume it is somehow about how the Munster family abandoned their lives of Addams family wanna-bes and became Baptists.
                Haha!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I would like to see my ancestors' journey on the Trail of Tears. To know more about where they came from and how they survived the journey.
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

The thing that fascinates me most about history is people's day to day lives. I'm way less interested in big dramatic events. I'd love to go back to various time periods and just watch people eat dinner, or go to school or church, or play games.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                    X