Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Today is the day......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is the day......

My husband takes his three hour oral specialty board exam today. He took (and passed) the written portion right after he finished residency, so WHEN (not if!) he passes today, he will be board-certified and a fellow in the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology......the goal he has been headed towards for the past 14 years. This is the LAST offical test.....it is a big day!

So if you could spare him a thought/prayer this afternoon from 1 to 4, I am sure he would appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

BEST OF LUCK TO THE RICHARDSON CLAN!!!

This "final test" gives me a glimmer of hope.

Thinking of you.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Wow, what a big and momentous step! Good luck to him (I'm sure he won't need it), I'm excited for you all!!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Absolutely--I'll say a little prayer for him this afternoon! How long will he have to wait to get the results?
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Hey Sally-

Hope the positive vibe I sent Travis this afternoon helped!! (and I sent some your way as well)

How awesome to have a final hoop.

Keep us posted-

Jenn

Comment

Thanks, guys.....

He called me as soon as he walked out and said it was over. He said he was fairly nervous at first, with a dry mouth, but he found his groove and felt better after the first little bit.

The examiners are instructed to be completely deadpan and give no feedback, so he is having a hard time judging how he did. He was a little miffed, though, that they didn't question him according to the caselist that he painstakingly collected and organized over the course of a year and tried to memorize, per the requirements (he thought!) of the exam.
            Instead, he said they asked a lot more general/hypothetical questions.....and although they were difficult, why make him collect cases and waste time memorizing details about them?????

They are supposed to mail the results Monday or Tuesday.....so I will keep you all posted. He thinks he probably passed -- I hope he's right! It is back to work for him tomorrow, and he is on call for the next five days. No rest for the wicked!

Thanks for your support. I've felt antsy all day. It will be good to get back to normal, whatever that is.

Sally

Comment

Hope you guys uncork a big bottle of bubbly to celebrate a big milestone! Congrats.

Comment

Congratulations to both of you.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congratulations!
                  You are right that this is really a goal he has been working towards for...14 years?!
                  Wow! 8O I hadn't thought of it that way!

Yeah!! I'm so glad you both have that behind you.

Comment

That is awesome!! (I hadn't thought of it that way either) 8O

8O Oh goodness! That is going to be us in a year and a half. *gulp*

Crystal
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

HE PASSED!!!!!

The letter came in the mail today.....no feedback at all, other than a "Congratulations" in the greeting of the letter, but that is enough.

DH is so relieved......even the kids cheered when they heard the news!

The icing on the cake is that I found the trapdoor that leads to our crawlspace and our plumbing is now fixed!

DH's 5 day stint of call ended yesterday as well, so although I AM now 35, things are looking up around here.

Thanks for all of your good thoughts.

Sally

Comment

Yay!!
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Great news all around! I'm so happy for you!

Comment

That's fantastic news Sally!
                            Congrats to you and your husband!!!
                            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I am in awe! Can't wait till we get there. 14 years down the road did you say?

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X