Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Days of thanks:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Days of thanks:

What are you thankful for today:

1- snuggling with the doggies while watching movies

2- fall weather

3- one week till I get to see my grandpa!
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

I am thankful that my best friend made it back safely from Newark today.

I am thankful that while the ex is not a great father, that there are other people in our lives who can help fill some of that void.

Today, I am exceedingly grateful for both chocolate and coffee.
    Kris

Comment

Golden weekends! (Don't hate me!)
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
        Golden weekends! (Don't hate me!)
        That is something to be thankful for! We have one here this weekend!
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

1. Friends and family who are genuinely good people

2. Weather dipping in the 60s/70s finally!

3. Leftover Halloween candy

Comment

1. My amazing girlfriend MD and my superdog Jack Russel/Pug/Mutt mix. He's basically Scooby Doo's little brother Scrappy Doo.

2. Actually being in law school, but not only that, I love it!

3. My laptop. I wouldn't be able to do law school without it.

Comment

1. My amazing mom, she comes every Thursday to watch Minnie, and I come home to a happy baby, clean house and a gourmet dinner. It has seriously made working with a child and surgical resident spouse "easy"
              2. Living an hour from my parents allows me to come here while DH works all weekend.
              3. My mom and Dad are watching Minnie right now so I can get my hair colored and use a gift certificate for a massage.
              4. Finally having a full time job
              5. I like my job!

Wife to PGY3
              Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

1. It is no longer 50 degrees in my house.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Dh shared a proverb in Islam that reminds me of these days of thanks. His translation goes something like this, "Whoever can look at and see the tribulations of other people would look at his own tribulations as just nothing."

You get the idea.

Today I am thankful for all the many small blessings in my life. Having a warm small cozy home. Someone to love that is so wonderful to me and loves and supports me. Being able to eat something each day and have food on the table so we don't go hungry.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I'm thankful for a shit ton of things that probably seem "normal" to most peeps and would probably sound weird to list.

Comment

I'm thankful for:

1. Having Thomas' support to travel to school 3 days/week. He's doing such an awesome job.
                      2. My two older sons raking the backyard yesterday and pulling in the paddle boat
                      3. Friends who accept me as I am
                      4. My mom is coming to visit for Thanksgiving!

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

For my job. It looks like things are going to get crazier and I'm coveting another job, but I met a Starbucks barista today who I gathered was desperately looking for another IT job. Just having a job is a blessing.
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Send her to Argo - I'm sure they're hiring! j/k!

I'm thankful for my son's preschool. After staying around the house all morning yesterday, he was so stir crazy. I'm happy he has a regular outing that he loves!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Kris, moderators and everyone on this site. I am glad to have this connections with so many who understand. I know it is not easy to run this site but you guys do a great job!

Happy thanksgiving.
                            Brandi

Comment

I'm thankful for friends (like you guys) who love me as family!
                              Jen
                              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                              X