Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Two truths and a lie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it none of us have any trouble believe that she'd get her hooters on a jumbotron!
    Kris

Comment

I think we need to start a new thread on the shoes. We once did the how many pairs of jeans thread. Shoes would be even more telling.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
        Why is it none of us have any trouble believe that she'd get her hooters on a jumbotron!
        Flove you all!!!
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

No extra thumbs here...man, with all the ladies who can tie cherry stems on this forums, there must be some very lucky and happy husbands at home

Comment

1. I broke my foot chasing boys on the playground in the 3rd grade.
            2. I have no furniture in my living room because the dog chewed it all.
            3. I used to play the tuba.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

1. Kevin Costner is a distant relative of mine.
              2. I'm an avid collector of Viewmaster 3D reels.
              3. I shook hands with Gerald Ford during his presidency.

Comment

^^
                I vote #3 for both of you.

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                3. I smuggled a fish in my luggage onto an airplane.
                My husband totally failed at this once and abandoned the fish in the airport in a travel coffee mug.

(I'll do my own eventually, I swear.)
                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                  I have been in WWN TWO TIMES. Once I was in Dear Dottie asking advice on whether it was okay to ante up in a poker game with my virginity, as Keri from Kiakuk. The second time, DH and I were in WWN as the "honeymoon" photo of a couple who went to Puerto Rico after their wedding, and the new husband was run over by a bus on his way to buy a rose for his lovely lady. The "artist's depiction" showed me as an old lady sleeping and DH's ghost putting a rose on the pillow beside me every year on our anniversary. LOL!!!!

We also did a photo shoot for how sex in cars was a craze sweeping the midwest, and how naked golf was the latest craze in Europe. Both were cut because I looked too young at 25 and could be mistaken for a teen.

I was topless on the Jumbotron at Jimmy Buffett. Three times. During "Ragtop Day".

I own 67 pairs of shoes.

Kris I think you played the tuba so I am going with the lack of furniture being a lie.
                  I am DYING.
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by bobk View Post
                    1. Kevin Costner is a distant relative of mine.
                    2. I'm an avid collector of Viewmaster 3D reels.
                    3. I shook hands with Gerald Ford during his presidency.
                    #3. You would have been really, really young during Gerald Ford's presidency.

What is #2?
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

SuzySunshine and Oceanchild, you are both wrong. I took golf in college and while it took a few tears at security, the lady let me keep the fish and I smuggled it in my carry on luggage onto the plane. I however did not try it on the way back to college and my sister was a very unhappy caretaker for the next semester (who by the way is the one who collects spoons, not me).
                      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post

What is #2?
                        Ah the generation gap, which is why it is possible that he shook hands with Ford. Viewmaster was a toy from the late 70's/early 80's that was a pair of stereographic lenses and a disk of images, typically from cartoons. The 2 images were brought together visually to create a 3d effect. But, prior to that , it was a form of photography from the 50's. We had lots of these pics of my great-grandmother, typically sitting around a chrome-edged dinette with a bunch of other women, sometime wearing skirts and brassieres with no shirts, smoking and drinking. She was hella fun!
                        Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          1. I broke my foot chasing boys on the playground in the 3rd grade.
                          2. I have no furniture in my living room because the dog chewed it all.
                          3. I used to play the tuba.
                          I'm going with #2 as the lie...

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                            I'm going with #2 as the lie...
                            I dunno, she does have a new dog... And the space to move the furniture around...

I think it is the tuba. I vaguely remember that she plays something, but I thought it was the french horn.
                            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post

What is #2?
                              I'll admit that #2 is one of the correct ones. HOW gave a good description of Viewmaster reels, although it's a bit incomplete. They're mostly regarded as toys these days, as you can still occasionally find new ones with scenes from cartoons and movies for children. However, the heyday of the format was during the 50s and 60s when they were sold in souvenir shops at popular tourist attractions. These are the ones I enjoy collecting.

Also, as HOW says there are homemade reels out there, mostly from that same time period. A special camera and film cutter were made to take the photos and let you mount them yourself in a reel. 3D photography is hobby of mine, although I don't really have time for it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by bobk View Post
                                I'll admit that #2 is one of the correct ones. HOW gave a good description of Viewmaster reels, although it's a bit incomplete. They're mostly regarded as toys these days, as you can still occasionally find new ones with scenes from cartoons and movies for children. However, the heyday of the format was during the 50s and 60s when they were sold in souvenir shops at popular tourist attractions. These are the ones I enjoy collecting.

Also, as HOW says there are homemade reels out there, mostly from that same time period. A special camera and film cutter were made to take the photos and let you mount them yourself in a reel. 3D photography is hobby of mine, although I don't really have time for it these days.
                                The ones from my grandmother were two single frames mounted on a piece of cardboard that was then inserted into the viewer. They really didn't add that much depth the image, but it is still fun to look at.
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X