Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Microwave Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave Recs

So I'm looking for a stainless countertop microwave for my parents for Christmas. I LOVE my GE Profile and had one picked out but its to big for the space they have for it.

Anyone have a microwave they love they would recommend?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Get a convection microwave; they are superior & allow for roasting & baking w/out the "hot spots" that cause dried out tough spots. The Sears appliance repair guy told me this yesterday evening when he came to try & fix my busted oven!

Comment

I don't have a microwave. So I'm not a help there.

But I do have a Breville counter top oven that I love!!! Shatki bought one too and loves hers. I use it in place of a microwave to reheat leftovers and melt butter and warm syrup. But it also works to toast bread/frozen waffles, can cook pizza and bake cookies and even a narrow lipped 9x13 pan fits in it. And it doesn't heat my entire home when I bake in the summer. //endsalespitch
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I don't have a recommendation. It seems like they don't make anything to last now days. We bought our microwave off craigslist for $20. Ironically after a year using it the microwave died yesterday. It was older anyways and finally went kapoot. I guess we're in the market again too but we'll probably get something else used from craigslist.
        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Don't have a rec except NOT Electrolux. It's 3.5 years old and I've already replaced a part and now the entire keypad is loose. *sigh*

Comment

Our friend Alan is an appliance repair guy and he says that they're pretty much all made by the same people in China and that they all generally suck so don't bother buying the top of the line because it's all decoration.

(how's that for a happy sales pitch!)

Jenn

Comment

We got a stainless steel front Emerson off of Craigslist for $20 and we've had it for over 5 years now. Still going strong. (I probably shouldn't say this, I'll jinx it!) I think it was a Target special originally -- it looks very similar to the ones they're still selling for under $100 at Target and Kmart. We've also had the same stainless Black & Decker thermal pot coffee maker from Target for over 5 years. And we have a stainless Black & Decker toaster oven from Target that is new, but still works after I set it on fire. I don't think I'm ever going to buy "nice" appliances unless our good streak has broken!
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
              X