Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Send laptop mojo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send laptop mojo!

Please!

I was about 2/3 of the way done with a big paper. I dropped my laptop and now it turns on but won't boot up.....I dont have a back-up.

Its at computer Renaissance while I freak out!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Please please please let Kris have her paper back ASAP!!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Gaaaahhhhh! Mojo sent!
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Oh Kris, I hope you can retrieve it. When I was in Graduate school I set up a special email account for all of my papers and I used to email them to myself. If I worked for several hours on something I would save it and email every hour!!!!! I also emailed copies to my sister just in case. No fear of glitches in my house!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
          Oh Kris, I hope you can retrieve it. When I was in Graduate school I set up a special email account for all of my papers and I used to email them to myself. If I worked for several hours on something I would save it and email every hour!!!!! I also emailed copies to my sister just in case. No fear of glitches in my house!
          Thanks a good idea! I'll have to remember that one.
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I usually do that too. Darnit! I also have been backing my computers up regularly but havent for 2 months and i thought about it this am but was too lazy.
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

*fingers crossed* I did the same thing as L, I figured I was just super paranoid.
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Oh wow... starting my backup right now! Hope it works out for you!
                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Mojo on the way! I think it will be alright. I've recovered a lot after something similar happened to me during college. I'd also email my papers to myself in college, but mostly because we had an allotted amount of printing paper to use built into our student fees, so I'd print my papers there instead of at home using my own paper.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I hope you get your paper back very soon!!!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh no!! Mojo mojo.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

please tell me you recovered it!!!??????

Comment

Hugs! I hope they recover your files!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                          X