Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holding my breath.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding my breath.....

.....IM residents find out their match for subspecialty fellowships on Dec 5th....aka a week from tomorrow! DH is hoping to match in an endocrinology fellowship. So exciting and nerve wracking since it has gotten more competitive in the last couple of years.

Hoping SO badly for our first choice. We got good vibes from his top choices but you just never know. He applied to 10 places, was offered interviews at all of them (no rejections) so I'm hoping that is our first good sign. He ultimately went to 7 interviews but some of them had both 2 year and 3 year spots that he ranked so I think he ranked 9 or 10 spots.

Anyways, I'm just so ready to find out where we need to start planning to move in June. Life has gotten a little more complicated since we also potentially have a family wedding a week after the big move. In SPAIN. Ugh. I don't think his brother could have chosen a more difficult time to have a wedding, out of the country no less. I seriously doubt any fellowship program would let my husband take a week off 2 to 3 days into the program. Heck, most new jobs have a waiting period before you can even take vacation!

Anyways, I'm hoping to get better about posting and not just lurking here. Sorry about that! I posted a couple of months ago with the intention of posting more regularly and time keeps getting away from me!
    ~Christine~

Pharmacist and wife to an Internal Medicine Resident (PGY3).....counting down the days till we are done with residency (or at least till we find out fellowship plans in December 2012!)

Mom to twin girls! Sophia "Sophie" and Clara born January 20, 2012

Jeez time flies! I cant believe he is almost done with residency! I guess "almost done" might be overstating it, but close!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome back!! You know we are always here for ya. Good luck with the match. Are you hoping to stay or move?
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Move . Closer to family. This having infant twins has been really rough with no family close by.
        ~Christine~

Pharmacist and wife to an Internal Medicine Resident (PGY3).....counting down the days till we are done with residency (or at least till we find out fellowship plans in December 2012!)

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          Jeez time flies! I cant believe he is almost done with residency! I guess "almost done" might be overstating it, but close!
          I don't think "almost" done is overstating it too much . Only about 7 months left out of a 3 year program....it is definitely getting close! SO ready!
          ~Christine~

Comment

We did subspecialty match about this time last year. It was excruciating, because it felt like everybody else already knew what they were doing and we were still waiting. Good luck!
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I know it can be stressful to have kids without family support. We have 3 and live in Chicago with most family in FL and GA. I pray he gets a job in FL. The job search begins now that fellowship plans have fallen through.

Comment

Working...
              X